• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your latest addition!
1 1

944 posts in this topic

Philippines, 2022, 1000 Piso P #230a

A recent addition, this Philippines note was awarded Bank Note of the Year by the IBNS in 2022. A fantastic polymer note well deserving of the award, it received a first place vote on my ballot.

You can read more about the note and the IBNS here:
https://www.theibns.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=861%3Abanknote-of-2022-nominations&catid=39%3Abanknote-of-2022&Itemid=51

image.thumb.png.c1200828907bf60f19c6c328f6763062.png

Well now I have a "new purchase", I feel is worth posting.  I will provide pictures when I receive the notes and I have them in hand, buy I will say the 2 notes are the $10.00 FRN crossover from C to D , 1934 CW and both with a fair grade of GEM UNC  EPQ, Now I will be anxiously for the postal delivery to receive this new prize.  Now I have to figure out how mine fits into the picture since mine while virtually everything identical.  Any Thoughts?

Thanks,

manofwar1

Edited by manofwar
bettor math

On 8/11/2023 at 12:50 PM, manofwar said:

Well I am going to show a new pair worth discussion I think.  Well again not working saying the individual photos are to large. back the drawing board........

I think the maximum file size is 5mb for images, when that happens to me I just make the images smaller using microsoft paint. 

I do not know how to get the photos right way up, I tried both ways and all upside down.

My thought about these notes (1934 C to C ) and (to D) series any thoughts? It seems the A<B<C<D series may have been small.  I think I will try to find out.

Later 

manofwar

Hey FenntuckyMike,

Just wondering if yiu or anyone else have these sort of changeovers/turnover, in their collections?  I have yet to see any o t these that I purchased and Now I am taken by these turnovers the focus of my collecting now.

Later,manofwr1

On 8/12/2023 at 10:31 AM, manofwar said:

Hey FenntuckyMike,

Just wondering if yiu or anyone else have these sort of changeovers/turnover, in their collections?  I have yet to see any o t these that I purchased and Now I am taken by these turnovers the focus of my collecting now.

Later,manofwr1

I don't have any "changeover" notes in my collection, not something I really pay attention to but they are definitely neat. It seems several people collect these based on what I've seen over the years. There are a lot of different types of "changeover" notes, some rare some fairly common. Those would look really good in the PMG two note holder, or displayed together. 

Thanks for the response and I am trying to figure out how to get them for way back in the forum and to get the pictures placed correctly,

I too am sure others collect these changeovers and are quite varied as you said.  

I think I have the first 1934 C, the last C and the D all 1934 and the CW,"Wide" and Narrow testing all of which seems to have jumbled up some of the data, may just me not having a clue too!

Later

manofwar1

PS the year 2003 seems to have more than one duplicating serial numbers.

This is my second example of this piece, it's in slightly better condition than my other note. The face is generally well centered and cut very close to the cut markings, which you can see particularly well in the upper right corner. The printing on the back is slightly misaligned to the face and as a result a portion of the note above this one in the sheet is visible.

image.thumb.png.e2cdc65d4e5fbf4f141e9882aad2c30e.png

Edited by Fenntucky Mike

Finally arrived, a 1920, 1000 Karbovantsiv note with AB prefix and connected stars watermark. This was a tough one to track down. I now have 12 of the 14 known varieties of this note, plus a few unknown, leaving only the AA & АБ prefix notes with connected stars watermark left for me to try and acquire. These will be tough as I have never seen examples of these notes. 

image.thumb.png.e5c25feb1203de452d2a06360435a606.png