• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your latest addition!
1 1

944 posts in this topic

It's not a recent addition but it's something I bought pre-Covid when I was really active in the HA weeklies.

I didn't know growing up there were different Seal colors except for the Silver Certificate Blue.  Though sometimes the Light, Dark, and Normal Greens can be tough to differentiate.  This one is clearly Light Green.

I have to review what the different Greens stood for.

1934 $10 FR #2002 LGS front.jpg

1934 $10 FR #2002 LGS back.jpg

On 3/15/2024 at 6:48 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

I have to review what the different Greens stood for.

I don't think they really stood for anything, just a change in the ink used. You can probably date the notes by the seal color. 

Awesome not GF. You picked out some notes with really good eye appeal. (thumbsu

On 3/16/2024 at 9:01 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

I don't think they really stood for anything, just a change in the ink used. You can probably date the notes by the seal color. 

Awesome not GF. You picked out some notes with really good eye appeal. (thumbsu

Thanks Mike.  It really was amazing how the low-60's bills almost always had uneven borders that really stood out.  65's and above were nice...if too expensive, I would drop down to the 58 range and take an "invisble" fold or crease or two over uneven borders (like my PMG-45 GC). (thumbsu

You know....I never really read the words and legalese on these notes, except maybe on the GCs and SCs. xD

It really is interesting how the FRN "legal tender" language changed on these 1934's right after gold was removed from the economy. 

I have to track down some timeline that shows the changes in the legal (tender) wording on U.S. currency over the years and decades.  Probably would be fascinating. (thumbsu

Edited by GoldFinger1969