• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your latest addition!
1 1

944 posts in this topic

That note is way cool Boiler! I've been looking to get a woodchopper, but mine will likely end up being a well circulated series 1907 US note rather than a Treasury note. Did all the serial numbers end in stars, or did they have the same meaning then as they do now?

Hi Jeff. How are things up your way? I am a newbie when it comes to currency but I believe that all the Rainbow notes are star notes at least everyone that I've seen is. I didn't know you did currency. I've picked up a few neat notes in the last 4-5 months. Maybe someday I can arrange to show them to you. smile.gif

Things are good here, though it's getting hot again (nice two-day reprieve for the weekend though!). I am not much of a currency collector either, with me it's more for type, and mostly circulated. It seems I go in fits and starts, a few years ago I bought a bunch of large FRNs, then nothing, then lately I started with a 1901 bison, then a couple gold certs and the $5 FRN, so we'll see when I get bored again. My Saint set is nearing the limits of my budget, so currency is a nice diversion. I used to and still do save new notes, mostly $1 bills, buy 10 or so unc consecutive notes from the bank and put them away. Been doing that since series 1981A, so I've got a lot of those. But lately the interest has been in large size notes. Still need a lot of types, like the Onepapa, the educational series, the $100 1914 FRN, which is a dream just like the 1918 battleship $2 FRN. And I haven't even touched the nationals! Oh well, there are still a lot of neat ones to get, and many are more affordable than branch mint Saints from the 1920s.

Well, I got these two in the mail today, nothing special, but at least they were cheap!

1953p5dobv.JPG

But then I also got this today, finally a note I'm not embarrassed to show in the same thread as Boilers!

1899p1dobv.JPG

1899p1drev.JPG

But then I also got this today, finally a note I'm not embarrassed to show in the same thread as Boilers!

1899p1dobv.JPG

1899p1drev.JPG

I sent this one in to PMG with a coupon for a free submission I won on the numismaquest, and I called in to check on it today and found out it's on its way home, graded 64 EPQ, which I think it pretty darn good! yay.gif

1899p1dobv.JPG

1899p1drev.JPG

I sent this one in to PMG with a coupon for a free submission I won on the numismaquest, and I called in to check on it today and found out it's on its way home, graded 64 EPQ, which I think it pretty darn good! yay.gif

Very nice! 893applaud-thumb.gif What is EPQ?