• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your latest addition!
1 1

944 posts in this topic

On 12/28/2021 at 3:35 PM, VE Coins said:

A couple of specimen czechoslovakia 5 and 20 korun notes from 1944 that I got in the mail today.

20211228_142005.jpg

20211228_142023.jpg

Nice specimens. I have a couple Czech notes, definitely an area of interest for me in the future but not immediately. More like 5-10 years down the road.

P #4. Picked these up during the last 2 months or so in three different auctions. They are typically very tough to find and almost unheard of in UNC condition, not that any of these are. I've never seen one, ever, in uncirculated condition. They are typically heavily circulated, and poorly centered for some reason. There are currently 0 graded by PMG.

949319530_P4x3FrontBack.thumb.png.79c57913b0a90f274db8dcf710da2ab8.png

Edited by Fenntucky Mike

On 4/24/2022 at 9:29 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

P #4. Picked these up during the last 2 months or so in three different auctions. They are typically very tough to find and almost unheard of in UNC condition, not that any of these are. I've never seen one, ever, in uncirculated condition. They are typically heavily circulated, and poorly centered for some reason. There are currently 0 graded by PMG.

949319530_P4x3FrontBack.thumb.png.79c57913b0a90f274db8dcf710da2ab8.png

Nice pickups, do you plan on submitting any of them since there are none graded? Or holding out for something nicer since they are rare in nicer condition?

On 4/28/2022 at 12:06 AM, VE Coins said:

Nice pickups, do you plan on submitting any of them since there are none graded? Or holding out for something nicer since they are rare in nicer condition?

Eventually, I'll send in the best one I have and if a nicer one pops up in the future I might give it a go and try to acquire it. That is, as long as it doesn't go for moon money or have an astronomical asking price. I'm not in rush to send in anything, but would like to fill in some slots on my graded set. Even if it is a lower grade. 

Nice pick up on the Fr 2202-C! Were you looking to get a Philly note or just a $500 in general? A $500 is on my bucket list of notes, I'll probably go after one once I'm done or close to the end with my Ukrainian notes.

On 4/28/2022 at 5:45 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Eventually, I'll send in the best one I have and if a nicer one pops up in the future I might give it a go and try to acquire it. That is, as long as it doesn't go for moon money or have an astronomical asking price. I'm not in rush to send in anything, but would like to fill in some slots on my graded set. Even if it is a lower grade. 

Nice pick up on the Fr 2202-C! Were you looking to get a Philly note or just a $500 in general? A $500 is on my bucket list of notes, I'll probably go after one once I'm done or close to the end with my Ukrainian notes.

I was just looking for a 500 dollar bill in general,  it was definitely on my bucket list as well and I hadn't really planned on getting soon, but the opportunity arose to get this one and I took it.

On 5/10/2022 at 11:00 PM, VE Coins said:

Great bill, Is this a P#5  specimen or something else since it is only printed on the one side.

Correct! It's a uniface specimen of the front of the note, the auction house called it a proof but those two terms get used interchangeably sometimes, especially in translations. It has, what looks like to me, an insufficient inking "error" at about 6 o'clock in the central design. Not that I view that as desirable, I wish it did have complete ink but the condition more than makes up for that. Wish I had the back specimen to make a complete set. :( One day perhaps. :wishluck: I decided to go after this note instead of a P50, 2 Karbowanez note that was being auctioned at HA. IMO this is a rarer note and a heck of a lot cheaper. :bigsmile:

On 3/25/2021 at 6:04 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Not a note but I still love it! :bigsmile:

Obv.png.b11712238e6f02e2797ab6ba8657564a.png

Rev.png.5de756603b1ae54a8f3a5eb9340b37d6.png

This is really cool, as this railroad went through my town and later became part of the NY Central, then Conrail and now Norfolk Southern.

On 4/28/2022 at 12:09 AM, VE Coins said:

Last week I acquired a bill that I have been wanting for years. And for reasons that I can't really talk about I was able to aquire it for face value. I am excited to have this in my collection. 

20220425_125408.jpg

Congrats!  I may only dream of getting a large denomination for face!

On 5/24/2022 at 9:02 AM, jtryka said:

This is really cool, as this railroad went through my town and later became part of the NY Central, then Conrail and now Norfolk Southern.

I found it scouring ebay early one morning and picked it up, haven't come across another since. Too bad it is in such poor condition. MS&NIRR has a lot of stuff out there, particularly stocks, there is also the LS&MSRC which has a ton of bonds out there and they have some great vignettes. 

image.thumb.jpeg.1ab9114eea80eea97a7c53c74495b255.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.63e0a400e20e9307c8972210a0d387c5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a7ed39e11262aeca75cd92ed60d1043b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.27e69f97c9df26add0b84d3c7528ebf4.jpeg

Edited by Fenntucky Mike