• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your latest addition!
1 1

944 posts in this topic

Here's another for the group.:bigsmile:

Held out for a long time before I bought this one but when a 67 popped up for sale, well... The issued note is harder to find in UNC condition and more $$$.

1916812966_1963PMG67EPQObv-Copy.png.a6a1e79d496082bc719ce29d4083b6d5.png

1935959144_1963PMG67EPQRev-Copy.png.426ffc9db64b4d6fc2eb6f7fa24c2cf8.png

Edited by Fenntucky Mike

These arrived today - a nice diversion while I wait a bit longer for my 15 newly-graded checks to arrive.

I saw the P-91e ending with no bids. It upgrades my old P-91 that is 66 EPQ in my competitive set and they're different sub-types so they now coexist in my signature set.

After I won that, since the seller combines shipping, I got this P-110b to go next to my P-110a in the sig set. I will likely try to have a 109a/b and 111a/b pair, just for fun. Getting 2-3 varieties is one thing but getting 8-10 varieties of each Fuertes note feels too intimating,

VEN91e Front.jpg

VEN91e Back.jpg

VEN110b Front.jpg

VEN110b Back.jpg

2 minutes ago, Revenant said:

Forgot to mention this but with combined shipping I only paid $51.98. $25.99 each for 68 EPQs.

Even more excellent! Shipping costs make a difference and will influence my bidding and buying habits, $5 - $6+ off a note is enough to turn me into a frugal/compulsive shopper. hm

1 hour ago, Fenntucky Mike said:

frugal/compulsive shopper. 

Now those are some words that don't normally go together, but I'm the same.

That was the main driver in me just biting the bullet and getting those 5 soberano notes all at once for $124. Getting them together cut the shipping by $16 vs getting them one at a time - almost paid for a note!

Hello. I'm new to pmg. Not new to collecting US paper or coins though. I just received this today. I am thinking about getting it professionally graded. The only distraction that I can see is the off center reverse. 2nd issue 10 cents #1244.

IMG_20210809_182223660.jpg

IMG_20210809_182233476.jpg

On 8/9/2021 at 6:32 PM, Big Timmy said:

Hello. I'm new to pmg. Not new to collecting US paper or coins though. I just received this today. I am thinking about getting it professionally graded. The only distraction that I can see is the off center reverse. 2nd issue 10 cents #1244.

IMG_20210809_182223660.jpg

IMG_20210809_182233476.jpg

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

I'm not familiar with these but I did a quick search of sold listings and it looks like it would need to grade in the 63 - 64 range to offset the grading fees, assuming you paid a fair price for it, asking prices for these graded 63 - 64 are around the $120 - $170 range on ebay. I agree that the centering on the reverse is the biggest issue I see but the  picture of the front is a little blurry. It's tough to tell condition of a note based solely on pictures as lighting and the angle of the shot can hide things. That being said, overall it looks like a really clean note and one that might be worthy of grading. If the notes condition is actually as good as it seems in the pictures I don't think the reverse centering will hold the note back too much, maybe one grade level. Based on those pics I'd say it's right in that 62 - 64 range. If you get a chance, you should start a new thread for this note and post a few more pics. You'll get more feedback if you start a separate thread for this note otherwise It'll get buried in this one and people might not see it.

On 8/22/2021 at 7:32 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

:roflmao:

Seriously though, if you want to trade just let me know. (thumbsu

While I am distinctly disgusted with my luck :frustrated:I can't say it's something that overly concerns me or interests me enough to have both of us spending money on shipping over. Thanks for a very kind offer though.

I bought the note for the upgrade and I didn't really take note of the AB until after I ordered. 

Prior to this the highest note I'd seen an AB on was a 500 Million P-82. This had lead.me to think ABs didn't exist above this point. That note you have suggests they exist for P-83 through P-85 at least. I still doubt it on the Trillions but I'm willing to be proven wrong if I ever see an AB 10 Trillion.

Now go set a challenge for yourself of building an AB set while I just sit here with my matched set of AAs. :devil:

On 8/22/2021 at 10:04 AM, Revenant said:

Now go set a challenge for yourself of building an AB set while I just sit here with my matched set of AAs. :devil:

lol Pass.

Although with short sets like this one, consisting of only 5 notes, it's tempting to assemble sets by prefix. 

On 8/22/2021 at 9:16 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Although with short sets like this one, consisting of only 5 notes, it's tempting to assemble sets by prefix. 

I think the next thing I'd be inclined towards for building out "Gradually, then Suddenly," Would be adding more contemporary (2009-2018) notes from South Africa, Botswana and the other countries that made up the multi-currency period.