• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your latest addition!
1 1

944 posts in this topic

I recently wanted to start a new set of notes to collect after finishing the $5 FRN's and I fell in love with the 4th and 5th issue Fractionals. This is the first one I picked up last week and think the reverse is the best side with all the fibers.

50centfractionalPMG63EPQobv.jpg

50centfractionalPMG63EPQrev.jpg

Here's some notes you don't see every day. They are Allied Military Currency used in Italy in WWII. These are star notes and are very hard to find in this condition.

The notes were printed by Forbes Lithograph Manufacturing Company in Boston under government contract but the serial numbers were added by the BEP - which is pretty obvious if you are familiar with US currency from this period.

M10bSTAR.jpg

M12bSTAR.jpg

M13bSTAR.jpg

Over the years I have picked up very few paper money in which I usually collect Jamaican coinage. I have a 1977 book set of paper money along with a few other Jamaican bills along the way.

Recently I picked up my highest denomination bill of $100 Jamaican along with my oldest Jamaican bill of 5 Shillings. As a person that usually doesn't collect bills I just had to have the 5 shilling one. Not great shape and not super expensive but I was happy to get it.

:)

103426.jpg.91517e53b8700afe8f6bee2551ac13b5.jpg

And now for something completely different! I picked these up recently as a reminder of the time I spent working in Paris in 1995 (they're a lot cheaper now that they're no longer redeemable for euros!)

106255.jpg.6961211db41bf27a759bdbcd93e271a2.jpg

106256.jpg.9a66448151672bb6bae9be40cab5f3f5.jpg

106257.jpg.24c394b0195ee6e7cd37a6db54867ce1.jpg