• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your latest addition!
1 1

944 posts in this topic

It's so hard to grade from a photo and I am clueless on small size notes! I would wait if it was me but I already told you how much I know!

Wife said put it in the lock box and wait for the batch submission in May - $10 bucks is $10 bucks...

Greetings all! Brand new member here. I just wanted to post my latest purchase. My brother's friend at work had an aunt who recently passed and was quite wealthy. This friend took care of all arrangements and was executor of her estate. Part of that estate was a number of large denomination notes of which I was able to obtain this $500 Federal Reserve note from 1934. As soon as my membership package arrives by mail I intend to send this note along with a few others to be graded by PMG. Any ideas on what it might grade based on these scans would be appreciated. Above the portrait are a couple of small pinholes and the left margin is the most worn.

500Front.jpg

500Back.jpg

Picked this one up at the Heritage Cincinnati auction along with a few other nice notes - all below what I wanted to spend - as much as 20% less...

1928c40xf-1.jpg

I just love the lime green seal and S/N!

The two $5 1928d's went way above estimates at the auction, so I'll try again when the next one comes along. I would prefer ungraded - but I won't be picky to complete the $5 FRN set.

I've been looking for one of these without the usual water stains for a while. This one, though only mid grade, has none of the water staining problems and all the colors are still quite vivid. Even the pen signature is still sharp.

FR1225c.jpg

I just got this one from the last Lyn Knight auction, my first McKinley! And my first PCGS graded note. I must admit I prefer the PMG holder to the PCGS, as this holder just seems flimsy while the PMG holder is more rigid. This note is graded VF 25, as a mule, and was from the Rickey Collection. Not sure what that means, so if anyone has any idea, let me know!

1934a500dobv.JPG

1934a500drev.JPG