• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your latest addition!
1 1

944 posts in this topic

great find, i can't find any new crisp bills, low numbers or stars in circulation.

from the websites, it looks like its from a sheet note.

just like you said. 20,000 sheets. printed in September 2008

http://www.uspapermoney.info/serials/f2006qq.html

http://www.moneyfactory.gov/images/BOSRFRNP_Sep2008.pdf

i would hold on to it for awhile, before having it graded.

maybe you will find a better one. i'll be looking too.

Thank you for the links - I wonder why someone would cut the sheets and then circulate the notes. Who the sheets sold to and so one.... Being from Disney, it could have very well come from a West Coast visitor... hmmm

Going to keep an look out as well. Thanks again!

That $500 note is a real beauty.

I recall a summer day in 2002, I was at a coin shop near my house just chatting with the owner (I was in a band with him at the time) when a gentleman that he knew well walked in and sold him twenty consecutive $500 bills, all in mint condition.

He paid the man a fair price and then sold 15 of them to a buyer in Florida on the phone. AFAIK he still has the other five.

I would be more than happy with just one. :grin:

Jonruns, your 1934$500 LGS is GORGEOUS !!

Got these earlier in the week.

I've been looking for CH-CU examples of these for over a year now, and the prices have been soaring. The paper is totally original, and bright. They look to have 64 centering.

scan0003-15.jpg

scan0004-16.jpg

I usually save all the old small head notes I get, and today helping out at the coin club show I bought the top 2 from the cash box, a 1993 $20 and a 1995 $10. Then I bought something for $15 from one of the dealers, handed him a $20 bill and my change was the bottom one! Probably not worth any more than I paid for it, but still not bad for face!

111384.jpg.5323c526e5aef41fca9ae6e87e9f986a.jpg

Nice allied currency! working on a set myself. Picked up these MPC's at a show on Saturday.

6811d.jpg6415c.jpg

and I got 5 silver certificates as change from one dealer...lol. Nothing special but was surprised when I looked a them.

Edited by mtnstyne

This is my first foray into currency of any kind, so I'm like a little kid at Xmas time. I've spent almost all of my life collecting comics, dabbling in a few other hobbies along the way. I've always been fascinated by the design of things, whether it be Art Deco posters or 1896 Silver Certificates. That's why notgelds struck a chord. Simply wonderful images and designs and they're incredibly cheap :applause: What's not to love?

1922 Attendorn 2 Marks

KGrHqNlME5ZHW52MEBOZWoThj060_12.jpg

1922 Attendorn 3 Marks

KGrHqFi0E5dmFks6hBOZWpZezGQ60_12.jpg

1922 Attendorn 4 Marks

KGrHqRjIE5eKtBB9BOZWqmwPP60_12.jpg

1922 Attendorn 5 Marks

KGrHqEOKpoE5GIuugEBOZWrsf9n60_12.jpg