• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your latest addition!
1 1

944 posts in this topic

1928cfrn.jpg

1928-C $5 FRN - Atlanta district. One of the toughest $5 FRN's to obtain short of the 1928-D. I hope to send her off to PMG with the hope I'll receive a VF/XF grade.

After 4 tries for other 1928-C's in lesser conditions - I was able to score this one for $587. I guess the economy might have something to do with the cost.

Merry Christmas!

I'll take a 20 - the last one I found had a fold down the middle and some tape leftovers. FInding these notes in any condition is a rare treat!

Now it's time to focus on the 1928-D...

I'll post the PMG pictures of the 1928-C when it is returned.

I hope to send her off to PMG with the hope I'll receive a VF/XF grade.

I'd probably hope for a 20 if I was you

Great news - the 1928c note graded out a 20 and was shipped today. I also had a 1928 (I) that came back 25 - a key non-star for that series. Now I have to wait three days for shipping...

I'll post pictures when they arrive.

Now it is time to find a 1928d (F) $5 FRN

1886 $10 Silver Cert. The finest of 10 examples of FR-293 from the Oat Bin Hoard. This 1966 discovery consisted of approximately $40,000 face value of large size US notes, found in a farm shed near Kansas City, MO.

1019997-002O.jpg

1019997-002R.jpg

Nice $1K FRN!!!! Off to grading?

Picked up this low number 1963A for a better $ than #135 in 66 EPQ went on Heritage last week. I gave the note to my son for his collection as a nice base.

Only if it was a *star*...

1963aFRNPMG.jpg

1934 H Star Mule - Light Green Seal VF-EF. Fr-1955 H*

1934starmule.jpg

The economy right now has allowed me to pick up some 6 key notes since January (graded and ungraded) at prices I have not seen since I started collecting. This is a nice note I end up paying about $60 under book. Only one graded by PMG, a 30, I'm going to send this one off either alone or in my 50+ batch next month to save on fee(s).

Maybe a 40 or 45?

The stars were so much bigger and cooler back then!

Your opinion VF/EF? Go or no go at the $25 PMG tier or wait two months and send it in at $15 with my batch grading? I guess is it worth waiting for two months?