• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your latest addition!
1 1

1,019 posts in this topic

On 6/12/2024 at 6:29 AM, TheRedStream said:

I found this at work a few days ago. How do I check the print run?

20240521_172819.jpg

Just over 636 million printed, 100 million in that block/print run alone. 

Easiest way to find information like that is to buy a general reference book on U.S. Notes like Paper Money of the United States or you take a look on this website, https://www.uspapermoney.info/printable.html , it's not the easiest to search but has a lot of info.

The definition of a small print run varies based on who you talk to, some say under 6 million, others under 3 million, and some under 1 million or less. I'm in the 1MM or less camp but like anything else certain notes are harder to find than others, regardless of the print run size sometimes. The other thing to take into consideration is the condition of the note, the vast majority of the time a modern note in this type of condition would have little to no value above face even if from a short print run. 

On 6/15/2024 at 2:41 AM, wickedladderman said:

picked this up today. any thoughts? 

IMG_20240614_142919250_HDR.jpg

Always fun to pick up an uncut sheet, congrats! The BEP sold these to collectors and they seem to be readily available on ebay. Overall they seem to be in good condition but the margin is a little narrow on the right side, which is not uncommon from what I'm seeing.

Lots of nice bills...got me to thinking that if countries spent as much time running their economies the right way as they did spending time designing the artwork on their bills.....there'd be a lot fewer economic and financial implosions in many countries !! xD

Edited by GoldFinger1969

On 6/26/2024 at 1:49 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Lots of nice bills...got me to thinking that if countries spent as much time running their economies the right way as they did spending time designing the artwork on their bills.....there'd be a lot fewer economic and financial implosions in many countries !! xD

That wouldn't be much fun. ;) It would cut down on the number of denominations and redenomination when it flops, we would only have a fraction of the notes we do today if most economies were run the "right way". 

If every country was like the U.S. and had essentially the same design on their currency for the last 80 years it'd be a snooze-fest. 

On 6/18/2024 at 4:33 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Nice! :cool: Glad they noted both errors on the label for you as well. (thumbsu

You going to hold on to her for a while or sell?

I want to sell it. To be honest, I have never sold anything online, so I am just looking at auction sites at the moment.

On 6/26/2024 at 4:40 PM, TheRedStream said:

I want to sell it. To be honest, I have never sold anything online, so I am just looking at auction sites at the moment.

Cool, good luck with the sale. (thumbsu

Ebay is usually not too bad except for the fees. If you have a few notes then Heritage or Stack's Bowers would probably achieve higher sell prices, Great Collections might be a good option if you only have the one note to sell, I hear their fees are much more reasonable than the other sites and they have decent traffic for U.S. notes. Have you looked for any comps to get a feel for what it might sell for?

On 6/28/2024 at 3:27 PM, wickedladderman said:

found these today. even though the 1907 ten has that terrible tape repair, is it still a good find?

IMG_20240628_141853940.jpg

IMG_20240628_141909161_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240628_141925236_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240628_141936234_HDR.jpg

Yeah, too bad about the tear but still two hella nice finds. Especially if found in circulation, that'd be almost unbelievable. 

I'd say they have about the same value, maybe $100 or so on a good day. 

Picked up this fantastic looking U.S. obsolete the other day. It's probably been pressed, like most are, but it still has good ink, including the sigs and date which are still clearly visible, and no center fold going through the vignette that I can tell of. A wonderful note that will end up in one of my signature sets. 

image.thumb.png.7416a81d8b490500f7ace9c1d814c3b3.png

Edited by Fenntucky Mike