The Things People Do When Their Money Is Essentially Worthless
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I imagine this happens in most countries where hyperinflation is occurring I just though some of this was interesting/neat. Their are numerous stories like this on the web if you feel like searching. 

On 8/13/2021 at 2:34 PM, Revenant said:

In fairness though, some people don't care how much their art supplies cost and will use a US $50 or $100 bill for paper to draw on.

That made my wallet hurt to watch that. I wonder if a bank would accept a defaced bill like that, I wouldn't take the chance.

On 8/13/2021 at 1:41 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

I wonder if a bank would accept a defaced bill like that, I wouldn't take the chance.

If you watch the video through he addresses that and the answer is 100%, "No." It is no longer legal tender once you deface it. He used a $100 bill as the world's most expensive piece of art paper.

On 8/13/2021 at 2:43 PM, Revenant said:

If you watch the video through he addresses that and the answer is 100%, "No." It is no longer legal tender once you deface it. He used a $100 bill as the world's most expensive piece of art paper.

Had the sound off :ph34r:, but pass! :whatthe: I don't think I'll be doing that anytime soon but it did look cool. Maybe I should get a brick of Bolivares and practice my artistic skills.hm

On 8/13/2021 at 1:47 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Had the sound off :ph34r:, but pass! :whatthe: I don't think I'll be doing that anytime soon but it did look cool. Maybe I should get a brick of Bolivares and practice my artistic skills.hm

You never know.

Something to realize is that that video is monetized and has gotten a lot of views, a lot of ad play, and he's probably made his $200 back many times over from YouTube revenue sharing. So good on him. We'd have a hard time pulling that off. lol 

But yeah. Enjoy buying the art markers he was using. Those things ain't cheap either, yo! I say this as a former high-school art-brat. lol 

On 8/13/2021 at 2:50 PM, Revenant said:

But yeah. Enjoy buying the art markers he was using. Those things ain't cheap either, yo! I say this as a former high-school art-brat. lol 

Hmm, maybe I'll skip the colors and go with origami. It won't cost me anything extra and I can always unfold it later if I need it. lol