• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Things People Do When Their Money Is Essentially Worthless
1 1

22 posts in this topic

On 8/13/2021 at 2:34 PM, Revenant said:

In fairness though, some people don't care how much their art supplies cost and will use a US $50 or $100 bill for paper to draw on.

That made my wallet hurt to watch that. I wonder if a bank would accept a defaced bill like that, I wouldn't take the chance.

On 8/13/2021 at 1:41 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

I wonder if a bank would accept a defaced bill like that, I wouldn't take the chance.

If you watch the video through he addresses that and the answer is 100%, "No." It is no longer legal tender once you deface it. He used a $100 bill as the world's most expensive piece of art paper.

On 8/13/2021 at 2:43 PM, Revenant said:

If you watch the video through he addresses that and the answer is 100%, "No." It is no longer legal tender once you deface it. He used a $100 bill as the world's most expensive piece of art paper.

Had the sound off :ph34r:, but pass! :whatthe: I don't think I'll be doing that anytime soon but it did look cool. Maybe I should get a brick of Bolivares and practice my artistic skills.hm

On 8/13/2021 at 1:47 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Had the sound off :ph34r:, but pass! :whatthe: I don't think I'll be doing that anytime soon but it did look cool. Maybe I should get a brick of Bolivares and practice my artistic skills.hm

You never know.

Something to realize is that that video is monetized and has gotten a lot of views, a lot of ad play, and he's probably made his $200 back many times over from YouTube revenue sharing. So good on him. We'd have a hard time pulling that off. lol 

But yeah. Enjoy buying the art markers he was using. Those things ain't cheap either, yo! I say this as a former high-school art-brat. lol 

On 8/13/2021 at 2:50 PM, Revenant said:

But yeah. Enjoy buying the art markers he was using. Those things ain't cheap either, yo! I say this as a former high-school art-brat. lol 

Hmm, maybe I'll skip the colors and go with origami. It won't cost me anything extra and I can always unfold it later if I need it. lol

On 11/21/2021 at 3:31 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

I'm thinking the polymer notes will be my best bet for wall paper. Problem is that they usually have a security window in them, I wouldn't be able to hide the ugly blue color without having to paint the walls first. lol

White paint can't be that expensive... of course... with white you could probably just do primer and call it a day. lol

On 3/26/2024 at 12:23 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Surprisingly, those Trillion Dollar Zimbabwe notes aren't that cheap in Mint Condition !!  :)

The problem is that they should be as there seems to be lots of straps and bricks of them for sale on the internet. Most at ridiculous asking prices. This is probably one of the top five notes graded by PMG, if I had to guess. 

I will give sellers a pat on the back for keeping the supply artificially low and demand up for these though. That's what it seems like to me at any rate.

On 3/26/2024 at 12:55 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

The problem is that they should be as there seems to be lots of straps and bricks of them for sale on the internet. Most at ridiculous asking prices. This is probably one of the top five notes graded by PMG, if I had to guess. 

I saw alot of them at FUN 2020 and they weren't cheap.  I'm like....who the hell is buying these things ?  I recall it wasn't like $50 or so for a 69 or 70 but closer to $200 I believe.

On 3/26/2024 at 12:55 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

I will give sellers a pat on the back for keeping the supply artificially low and demand up for these though. That's what it seems like to me at any rate.

Call the Justice Department, they have time to go after MSFT, GOOG, AAPL, etc. xD 

On 3/26/2024 at 4:52 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

I recall it wasn't like $50 or so for a 69 or 70 but closer to $200 I believe.

PMG 66 notes seem to regularly sell for close to $150 on ebay, a 70 note might sell for over $500, maybe close to 1k. (shrug)

Surprisingly there still seems to be demand for these things, I'm still holding out until the price drops. It's been several years now. :whistle:

On 3/26/2024 at 5:39 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

PMG 66 notes seem to regularly sell for close to $150 on ebay, a 70 note might sell for over $500, maybe close to 1k. (shrug)

Surprisingly there still seems to be demand for these things, I'm still holding out until the price drops. It's been several years now. :whistle:

It's The Bizzaro Land....a worthless currency worth lots in pristine condition if graded and holdered. xD

Me Like Currency....me give you three $20's for a $10 !!! xD

Edited by GoldFinger1969