• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your latest addition!
1 1

1,019 posts in this topic

On 8/11/2024 at 1:26 PM, wickedladderman said:

i always see the bills you post, how do you get such perfect pictures?

I use a scanner, works great, especially for old notes like the one you posted. I scan them at 600dpi, so pretty hi resolution, then email them to myself as a pdf, then take a snapshot of the note in the pdf and copy/paste into Microsoft Paint and save as a jpg so the file size is not too big to post here but the resolution is still high. It's a bit of monkeying around but I like the end results. Modern notes often have anti-scan features, mories, so you can't scan them but more often than not you'll be able to.

Oh, almost forgot, I use a black color folder I had laying around to place over the note when I scan it. The black background really helps define the edges of the note better and really makes it pop, especially if the edges are white.

Edited by Fenntucky Mike

On 8/11/2024 at 12:57 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

I use a scanner, works great, especially for old notes like the one you posted. I scan them at 600dpi, so pretty hi resolution, then email them to myself as a pdf, then take a snapshot of the note in the pdf and copy/paste into Microsoft Paint and save as a jpg so the file size is not too big to post here but the resolution is still high. It's a bit of monkeying around but I like the end results. Modern notes often have anti-scan features, mories, so you can't scan them but more often than not you'll be able to.

Oh, almost forgot, I use a black color folder I had laying around to place over the note when I scan it. The black background really helps define the edges of the note better and really makes it pop, especially if the edges are white.

definitely thank you for this information. i collect a ton of old bills so i may need to invest in a scanner. i wouldn't be scanning newer bills so i believe ill be okay haha, that dang EURion Constellation

On 8/11/2024 at 2:22 PM, wickedladderman said:

definitely thank you for this information. i collect a ton of old bills so i may need to invest in a scanner. i wouldn't be scanning newer bills so i believe ill be okay haha, that dang EURion Constellation

I use the scanner at work. Shhhh. :ph34r:

On 8/18/2024 at 11:53 PM, wickedladderman said:

oh sorry about that.

IMG_20240818_225225744.jpg

Thanks. 

Looks like you need a bigger sleeve for that note. Wizard Coin Supply will probably have some, they pretty much have everything, link below. That's where I get most of my supplies from. 

LINK

On 8/19/2024 at 11:50 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Thanks. 

Looks like you need a bigger sleeve for that note. Wizard Coin Supply will probably have some, they pretty much have everything, link below. That's where I get most of my supplies from. 

LINK

that was my exact thoughts when i purchased it. in store had only small sizes.