• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radar & Repeater $1 FRN Pricing
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I was going through my junk pile and I came across a bunch of radar and repeater $1 FRNs from the last 25 years or so (all crisp uncirculated, maybe 63-65s). I’m curious as to what these things are going for today. What does a typical radar go for? What does a typical super radar go for? What does a typical 4-digit [ABCD ABCD] repeater go for?  Appreciate your input.

On 4/29/2024 at 2:46 AM, Lance A D said:

I was going through my junk pile and I came across a bunch of radar and repeater $1 FRNs from the last 25 years or so (all crisp uncirculated, maybe 63-65s). I’m curious as to what these things are going for today. What does a typical radar go for? What does a typical super radar go for? What does a typical 4-digit [ABCD ABCD] repeater go for?  Appreciate your input.

I'm gonna say $25-$60, depending on the condition and unqiueness of the numbers. (thumbsu

You see them auctioned EVERY WEEK ove at HA.  Usually 1-2 dozen.

Following the instructions given me here, I spent a day and a half, more-or-less, not full time, searching completed sales on eBay over the last month or so. Some of the prices are insane. Ignoring these out-flyers I found the following unscientific, best-guess, average but seemingly realistic prices for raw, uncirculated notes:

Radar notes - $30.+.
Super Radar notes - not enough data.
Four-digit Repeater notes - $25.
Binomial (2-digit) notes - $12.
Binary (0 & 1s) notes - $35+.
Binary Fancy notes (Radars & Repeaters) - $100++.
Fancy serial number (ending 5 of a kind, 10K, etc.) notes - $10.
Unusual, attractive (book ends, 1K, etc.) notes - $7.

If anybody out there has any thoughts or observations or experiences or data related to this topic, I would greatly appreciate hearing of it.

On 5/13/2024 at 3:01 AM, Lance A D said:

Following the instructions given me here, I spent a day and a half, more-or-less, not full time, searching completed sales on eBay over the last month or so. Some of the prices are insane. Ignoring these out-flyers I found the following unscientific, best-guess, average but seemingly realistic prices for raw, uncirculated notes:

Radar notes - $30.+.
Super Radar notes - not enough data.
Four-digit Repeater notes - $25.
Binomial (2-digit) notes - $12.
Binary (0 & 1s) notes - $35+.
Binary Fancy notes (Radars & Repeaters) - $100++.
Fancy serial number (ending 5 of a kind, 10K, etc.) notes - $10.
Unusual, attractive (book ends, 1K, etc.) notes - $7.

If anybody out there has any thoughts or observations or experiences or data related to this topic, I would greatly appreciate hearing of it.

I think the prices you came up with are in the ballpark.

Radars, repeaters, and binary are the most common fancy numbers and typically sell for a small premium above face ($1-$2) for circulated notes, depending on the numbers involved and the combinations. For uncirculated notes the prices paid are probably closer to what you posted. 

Edited by Fenntucky Mike