• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 dollar bills with unique serial numbers
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I have a few $2 bills with serial numbers 2017A 30008000A, 30007373A, 30007337A, 30007333A, 30007999A, 30007400A. i am considering getting them graded, but i can only choose three, my question is which serial number would be considered more valuable. I ordered a band of 2s from the bank, and the band was a brand new consecutive ,   i have about 40 2s from this band, i narrowed down the serial numbers i thought might be valuable., i am sure the grade will be high, as they were a new band from the bank..  any opinions greatly appreciated, i have a credit with pmg, so i basically can get the bills graded and break even with my membership fee. thanks in advance !

On 4/2/2024 at 7:33 PM, Jogarced said:

hi thanks for your recommendation, I went ahead and sent that 2, with the serial #G30008000A to get graded it got graded as 65EPQ exceptional paper quality. next question does that grade add anything to the value?

Congrats....nice grade, EPQ is nice....I'm just not sure it adds much value since the bills are moderns and there are lots more like them.  Best to check recent sales on HA, GC, or eBay.

Even Silver Certificates from pre-1960 with PMG-58 or PMG-60's are not that pricey solo....and a unique SN (but not a super-low SN) won't jump the price too much.

Edited by GoldFinger1969

On 4/2/2024 at 7:33 PM, Jogarced said:

hi thanks for your recommendation, I went ahead and sent that 2, with the serial #G30008000A to get graded it got graded as 65EPQ exceptional paper quality. next question does that grade add anything to the value?

As GoldFinger has said, the best place to determine the note's value would be to check recent sales of the same note in the same grade. Based on a quick search I'd estimate the value to be around $20USD, if you're luck you'll find someone who falls in love with the serial number and pays a bit more.