• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to value and what to label
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hello I am considering getting my 2009 series A $100 bill graded it has a fancy serial number LK00001111D. My questions are 1. what would I put as the fair market value, is it hundred dollars or would it be more because of its serial number. 2. On the label portion of it does PMG decide what to print on the label or does the customer decide what to print. Can it say something like Fancy Serial number, binary quad etc.  It is in circulated condition but I feel the condition is really good considering it is over a decade old.  Thank you in advance.

On 3/8/2024 at 7:18 PM, Jogarced said:

Hello I am considering getting my 2009 series A $100 bill graded it has a fancy serial number LK00001111D. My questions are 1. what would I put as the fair market value, is it hundred dollars or would it be more because of its serial number. 2. On the label portion of it does PMG decide what to print on the label or does the customer decide what to print. Can it say something like Fancy Serial number, binary quad etc.  It is in circulated condition but I feel the condition is really good considering it is over a decade old.  Thank you in advance.

I'd put a FMV of between $150 and $200 on it. PMG decides what to put on the label, it would say BINARY or BINARY SERIAL NUMBER somewhere on the label, usually they put it on the front if there is room. You can pay extra for PMG to put a pedigree on the label like Jogarced Collection, or something like that, but that's about it.

On 3/13/2024 at 3:22 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

I'd put a FMV of between $150 and $200 on it. PMG decides what to put on the label, it would say BINARY or BINARY SERIAL NUMBER somewhere on the label, usually they put it on the front if there is room. You can pay extra for PMG to put a pedigree on the label like Jogarced Collection, or something like that, but that's about it.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I do appreciate.😊

Jog, bills like that -- at least in lower denominations -- are auctioned every week or every few weeks over at HA.  

I saw a few $100's sell in the $300's a while back.  It does appear that the $100's are rarer -- I guess they are hoarded because mathematically there should be as many as $1's and other denominations.

https://currency.ha.com/c/search/results.zx?term=%24100+quad+double&si=2&dept=2021&archive_state=5327&sold_status=1526&sb=1&mode=archive

On 3/15/2024 at 10:33 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Jog, bills like that -- at least in lower denominations -- are auctioned every week or every few weeks over at HA.  

I saw a few $100's sell in the $300's a while back.  It does appear that the $100's are rarer -- I guess they are hoarded because mathematically there should be as many as $1's and other denominations.

https://currency.ha.com/c/search/results.zx?term=%24100+quad+double&si=2&dept=2021&archive_state=5327&sold_status=1526&sb=1&mode=archive

Yes, uncirculated bills sell for around $300, circulated bills I would estimate sell for about half depending on condition. The OP says the note is circulated but theirs is an actual fancy number so it wouldn't surprise me if it got close to three hundo.