• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I’m new to this

9 posts in this topic

On 11/22/2021 at 7:45 AM, Fleon1172 said:

D4DF0BE7-9D5D-4DBD-9CCE-6F256D29F170.jpeg

Looks like a chop mark or just someone bored with a stamp, either way it doesn't really add any value to the note. 

You could probably get a small premium for the star notes, and maybe find a chop mark collector to pay an added premium  but we're talking a couple of bucks not multiples of face value. 

On 11/22/2021 at 7:15 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Looks like a chop mark or just someone bored with a stamp, either way it doesn't really add any value to the note. 

You could probably get a small premium for the star notes, and maybe find a chop mark collector to pay an added premium  but we're talking a couple of bucks not multiples of face value. 

For most people its just going to lower the value if anything. It's basically worth face IMO.

On 11/23/2021 at 3:34 PM, Revenant said:

For most people its just going to lower the value if anything. It's basically worth face IMO.

Not even $2? lol

I think the bigger problem is that it's a hundo, if this was a single it'd be much easier to sell and make a buck or two. Not many people are going to want to leave a common hundred dollar bill laying around for a chop mark or because it's a star note. If this was a single I'd think about keeping it in a top load.

Is that a heart in the center of the stamp?

On 11/23/2021 at 3:12 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Not even $2? lol

I think the bigger problem is that it's a hundo, if this was a single it'd be much easier to sell and make a buck or two. Not many people are going to want to leave a common hundred dollar bill laying around for a chop mark or because it's a star note. If this was a single I'd think about keeping it in a top load.

Is that a heart in the center of the stamp?

I'd spend it. I'm not that made of money to keep a $100 bill for a reason I don't find especially interesting. (shrug)

On 11/23/2021 at 7:31 PM, Revenant said:

I'd spend it. I'm not that made of money to keep a $100 bill for a reason I don't find especially interesting. (shrug)

True that. (thumbsu I'd spend it on another banknote.. lol Trying to squeeze a few dollars out of this just isn't worth it, IMO.

That's a shame, getting a Star note with a problem on it. Most of my later Stars came from circulation. It's always great to get them out of circulation, but I agree 100% with Mike and Revenant, on a current issue $100, spend it, unless you keep a cash float handy in which case it can live there for nostalgic reasons.