• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone Else Having Trouble With The PMG Chat Boards And/Or Journals?

15 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Fenntucky Mike said:

I was hoping to knock out a couple journal entries this weekend. 

I can get to the journals but its a pain in the rear. I'll just save them on my computer then copy and past when the problem is fixed, I should probably be doing that anyway.

I actually do a lot of journal entries like that, here and for NGC, just because it seems to be better for spell-checking - not that that means I don't have a few problems with the final versions here and there that I end up fixing.

On 9/5/2020 at 12:11 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Getting closer, the tool bar (or whatever it's called) is back and it's easier to get to the journals but still not back to normal.

Maybe were getting an upgrade around here in the near future. 

That seems to be the case - including with the Journals asking for a Category now.

I'd like to see PMG's Registry get the facelift that NGC's got about 2 years ago and I'd LOVE to see NGC and PMG add prettied up Signature Set / Custom set functionality to the new registry(ies). They keep saying its coming… one day.

It's one of those rules of life I think - things either don't stick to schedule or they don't work at all correctly when they do arrive on schedule - kind of makes me think of the opening part of Star Trek: Generations And they've basically confirmed that all of this is being made worse by Covid with their responses that the ANA registry has been somewhat delayed in launching because of Covid / lockdowns. All perfectly understandable, but it does stink sometimes when you want your shiny toys / spiffy website. lol 

Oh good, I thought it was something I said... :-)  Seems to work this morning.  I have problems with my work website based on which browser you use, including Safari on your smart phone.  I just wish someone would grade my notes now--they've been in Sarasota for over a month. 

Ooops chat boards seem to work, but journals still not working.

Yeah we're going into week three with journals not being back to normal. 

You can get to the journals but it's a bit of a pain, lot's of clicking. I click on one of the Journal entries to the right of PMG Forum, then scroll to the top of the entry and click on Journals in the address line, that will get you to the Journals. That is how I've been doing it. Don't tell anyone, shhhhh.

LOL, that's probably why @Revenant has 207 views on that Journal entry, a third are probably me. :)

13 minutes ago, ddr70 said:

I just wish someone would grade my notes now--they've been in Sarasota for over a month. 

That stinks, 

I haven't submitted anything to PMG yet, over at NGC, once received they have usually shipped my submissions (Modern tier) in a week or less. Although I sent a submission last week and it hasn't been received in yet, probably at the bottom of the Labor Day pile of packages they are still opening. (Or at least that's answer I would get if I asked)

5 hours ago, Fenntucky Mike said:

LOL, that's probably why @Revenant has 207 views on that Journal entry, a third are probably me. :)

Well, gotta get 'em somehow I guess. lol

I actually think my Journal (overall, not one particular entry) has more entries, comments and views than almost any other save Gary's, but maybe that means I just talk too much. lol 

But, yeah, not sure what the heck is going on here. I haven't really seen anything from them to explain what's going on either.