• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question: Where are all the Hard Serial ?Numbers
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I totally admit to being only just a year or so into this hobby, but since just have seen very few what I call ,Hard Numbers, 500's and 1000, and the corresponding number before to create the pair.

To date I have found E 00319,999 E and 320,000 E, I have recently sent off for grading numbers 599,500 and another, 

But I have been looking a rediculous amount for these numbers, I literally probrobably look at 1000 numbers or a set of numbers per day, yes I know I am OCD , extremly so.

May I ask am I just missing them or whatever?  Thoughts?

Bill

It doesn't seem that you are looking for what are considered traditional fancy numbers, so which serial numbers are you looking for? People hunt and/or have people such as banktellers and the like pull or set aside notes and straps with fancy numbers and those notes typically go straight into a dealer's inventory, auction or collection. If you looking for a number that is only significant to you then you'll have to do a lot of searching but they're out there.

Sequential serial numbers don't carry a premium because that is how they are released, if you went to a bank and requested a new strap of $1's they would all be numbered sequentially. If your looking for the first and last number of a production run that us much more difficult.

Hello Fenntucky Mike,

I appreciate your reponse and I am really a weird collector, I buy what I like for the sake of wanting to, most of the time I do the buying alot at first and begin crash course studying.  My biggest probliem is the damn computor and pictures, some times it works and some times not.

I do have a question from a more informed scource if you do not mind.

I think you have  did seen I have those BEP Notes, all serial numbers start with 8888, then of course as normal produce individual numbers to complete the task..

I have 24 notes and of them 24 notes I have 16 are litereally exactly the same, in all ways, why would this not qualify with more and more eamples, in which I have a another but totally different..

My question is this, do you know or have any connection to the B of E  &  P

On 3/29/2023 at 2:47 PM, manofwar said:

I appreciate your reponse and I am really a weird collector, I buy what I like for the sake of wanting to, most of the time I do the buying alot at first and begin crash course studying.

Right on brother, collect what interests you. I 100% agree. (thumbsu

I have 24 notes and of them 24 notes I have 16 are litereally exactly the same, in all ways, why would this not qualify with more and more eamples, in which I have a another but totally different..

I'm not quite understanding what you're trying to say here but if it's that you have notes with matching serial numbers that is a cool find.

My question is this, do you know or have any connection to the B of E  &  P

I do not.

Hey Fenntucky Mke,Yes I do jump around a bit, just part of the drug regimine  I am on for my lung situation, I would your patients.

First, the 500 or 1000 numer deal is about ciollecting certain groups like experimentals having stars would not be a nice add on as ell,as though I truly do bot understand collecting a corrected error.. but to each their own.

The other focus is going to by what I will call them :POPOVER'S", like the 320000000 and 319999., just have to be more patient.

The other issue is abought the duplication litterally twinning 3 sets of notes apparently in  run of what I would just saying CrapHappens, like 16,800 total produced. I do be the issues they,  "(B,E, & P")" had as ust happened, and I am still stuying the $5.99 note deal.

So what do you collect?

You have obviously deep into this sute, is it yours?

Sincerely,

Bill

On 3/31/2023 at 3:33 PM, manofwar said:

So what do you collect?

I collect mostly foreign currency with Ukraine and former Eastern Bloc countries being my primary focus. I dabble with obsoletes and scrip from Michigan and I'll pull star and fancy numbers from circulation as I come across them.

On 3/31/2023 at 3:33 PM, manofwar said:

You have obviously deep into this sute, is it yours?

This is the PMG Forum, not mine. This is where I primarily hangout when I'm online but it's pretty quite here.