• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A paper foodstamp.. Lol

7 posts in this topic

I work as a cashier so I come across a lot of different kinds of money and change.. A lady came in with a paper food stamp lol I thought it was cool so I bought it from her. I wanted encased because it's something no one will ever see again. But I was unsure if they would grade something like that. 

16201554431317689011472466523930.jpg

That is GREAT find in the wild, congrats on acquiring it.

I'm not sure if PMG will grade and holder it for you but you can ask in the ASK PMG section of the forum, they probably would. As far as preserving it, I would just stick it in a nice currency sleeve and/or album and hold on to it as is.  

On 5/4/2021 at 2:55 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

I'm not sure if PMG will grade and holder it for you but you can ask in the ASK PMG section of the forum, they probably would. 

I'd say she has a good chance of them authenticating and grading it, since it is a serialized government issue.

But if she can get the set in uncirc for $45 I think I'd send in a nicer one to grade.

11 hours ago, Revenant said:

But if she can get the set in uncirc for $45 I think I'd send in a nicer one to grade.

I think grading went out the door when they found out you can get these on ebay. I wonder what I would offer someone for something similar, a find in the wild, a note I wasn't familiar with (shrug) I may have offered face for it. Although now that I'm looking at it closer I see it's a 1992 series, I wonder if you can still use them?