• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is anyone else hesitant to send in their notes to get professionally graded?

5 posts in this topic

Nah, as long as you're going with one of the big two (PMG/PCGS) you'll be fine. Use registered mail and you're golden.

All kidding aside probably the biggest risk would be during shipping and that would be miniscule at best. 

There is probably a better chance of me keeling over while I type this than of something happening to your nottttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. JK. 

Beat the odds again.:bigsmile: 

On 4/23/2021 at 7:49 AM, cashhound said:

I'm concerned that I may not get them back (nothing personal with any grading company). Can anyone ease my mind? It's a trust problem I have, I know.

I have sent in a few batches to PMG from Australia without an issue! 

After years of buying and hundreds of packages being received from all over the world I’ve only had issues a handful of times. A couple of notes were damaged might have been customs? As they had holes in them, one was PMG certified! 😢And I received an empty envelope once. But I would say it’s really a 1% chance.

Like the other guy said get registered mail with a signature on delivery and I packaged mine in a box with the notes wrapped in bubble wrap for extra protection!

Does anyone know what the procedure is to file a claim with the United States Post Office? I've never had to initiate a claim but often wonder when I buy insurance from the USPS what they would require from me if I had to submit a claim on a lost package.

Would they want a receipt for what I paid for the lost item or items?

Would they want pictures, serial numbers, proof of condition or grade?

Would they want an estimate of value from a 3rd party appraiser? 

Just wondering if anyone has had the misfortune of experiencing the procedure and how it is handled.

On 5/4/2021 at 8:20 AM, 2IDMP said:

Does anyone know what the procedure is to file a claim with the United States Post Office? I've never had to initiate a claim but often wonder when I buy insurance from the USPS what they would require from me if I had to submit a claim on a lost package.

Would they want a receipt for what I paid for the lost item or items?

Would they want pictures, serial numbers, proof of condition or grade?

Would they want an estimate of value from a 3rd party appraiser? 

Just wondering if anyone has had the misfortune of experiencing the procedure and how it is handled.

No, I haven't had to file claim, but just send it registered and declare a high value and they are very unlikely to lose it, honestly.