• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is anyone else hesitant to send in their notes to get professionally graded?

5 posts in this topic

Nah, as long as you're going with one of the big two (PMG/PCGS) you'll be fine. Use registered mail and you're golden.

All kidding aside probably the biggest risk would be during shipping and that would be miniscule at best. 

There is probably a better chance of me keeling over while I type this than of something happening to your nottttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. JK. 

Beat the odds again.:bigsmile: 

On 4/23/2021 at 7:49 AM, cashhound said:

I'm concerned that I may not get them back (nothing personal with any grading company). Can anyone ease my mind? It's a trust problem I have, I know.

I have sent in a few batches to PMG from Australia without an issue! 

After years of buying and hundreds of packages being received from all over the world I’ve only had issues a handful of times. A couple of notes were damaged might have been customs? As they had holes in them, one was PMG certified! 😢And I received an empty envelope once. But I would say it’s really a 1% chance.

Like the other guy said get registered mail with a signature on delivery and I packaged mine in a box with the notes wrapped in bubble wrap for extra protection!

Does anyone know what the procedure is to file a claim with the United States Post Office? I've never had to initiate a claim but often wonder when I buy insurance from the USPS what they would require from me if I had to submit a claim on a lost package.

Would they want a receipt for what I paid for the lost item or items?

Would they want pictures, serial numbers, proof of condition or grade?

Would they want an estimate of value from a 3rd party appraiser? 

Just wondering if anyone has had the misfortune of experiencing the procedure and how it is handled.

On 5/4/2021 at 8:20 AM, 2IDMP said:

Does anyone know what the procedure is to file a claim with the United States Post Office? I've never had to initiate a claim but often wonder when I buy insurance from the USPS what they would require from me if I had to submit a claim on a lost package.

Would they want a receipt for what I paid for the lost item or items?

Would they want pictures, serial numbers, proof of condition or grade?

Would they want an estimate of value from a 3rd party appraiser? 

Just wondering if anyone has had the misfortune of experiencing the procedure and how it is handled.

No, I haven't had to file claim, but just send it registered and declare a high value and they are very unlikely to lose it, honestly.