• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EPQ designation, do you wait for one or not?

EPQ designation, do you wait for one or not?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wait for an EPQ note, or do you just buy based on look/price?

• I'll hold out until an EPQ note is available.
    • I won't wait for an EPQ if a non-EPQ is available with visual quality and a good price.

4 posts in this topic

For me it's a note by note decision. If it's a note with a big population where EPQ's are common I'll wait, if it's a note with a low population, not many EPQ's or one I seldom see I'll jump on it. Or if like you say the price is right I'll forgo the EPQ designation, EPQ does drive the price up typically. I'd prefer a note with EPQ but I'm not hung up on it as I can always revisit the note in the future if I want. I'm also a little impatient though. 

On 2/22/2021 at 11:14 AM, Steve in Tampa said:

I mostly agree with @Fenntucky Mike and will add that with National bank notes it doesn’t make a big difference to me. With moderns, it’s a must have.

True, but with anything modern any grade below about a 66 or 67 is basically trash / should not have been graded to begin with and anything graded above, I think, a 63 will always have it.