• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spend'em If You Got'em

3 posts in this topic

487235421_Spendemifyougotem.png.22665599d1dbeaf8f4865932c9d7b2c9.png

The NBU announced this week that 25 Kopiika coins and banknotes introduced into circulation before 2003 "will cease being legal tender and will be withdrawn from circulation on 1 October 2020". Just say in.

https://bank.gov.ua/en/news/all/moneti-nominalom-25-kopiyok-ta-banknoti-grivni-starih-zrazkiv-do-2003-roku-perestayut-buti-zasobom-plateju-z-01-jovtnya-2020-roku 

Tried spending an old Ukrainian "junk" note today, I got a dirty look and had to go to the end of the line.:( The cashier didn't seem to think it was as funny as I did, they were pretty pissed at me so I decided to forgo the explanation and just paid for my beer (the second time) and left. I did throw a 25 Kopiika coin in the give a penny take a penny before I left, HA! Going to see if I can trade my 5 year old nephew for something or try to pass it off as a $500 bill in Monopoly (our set is pretty beat up, I don't think anyone will notice). Spend'em if you got'em.

Anyone else have a story about trying to "unload" your "junk" banknotes? 

1 hour ago, Revenant said:

No. I've never tried anything like that. There was a time when a guy in front of me paid for two beers with 28 mercury dimes. I bought them off the very confused clerk with 3 $1 bills.

Nice,

I've gotten a few "keepers" in my change, I consider anything pre 65' a keeper, I also pay attention for major errors as well but have not come across one. Never had anything like that happen to me, yet.