• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Research

7 posts in this topic

Hi friends
I need to write a research paper on money, on any topic. I would like to hear from you, as professionals in this field, on what topic it is better to write a research paper.
And if someone has materials on the desired topic and you can share, it will be cool.

"Money" is awfully broad. Are you talking about "Money" as in currencies, like Dollar vs Euro vs Yen? Are you talking about "Money" as in the concept of mediums of exchange and things like  Gold vs Sea Shells vs Fiat? Do you mean "Money" as in the actual currency, like the bills?

Obviously, multiple books / volumes have been written about a lot of this stuff and there are TONS of topics out there that could easily  support a research topic.

Hyperinflation is one of my favorite bits of monetary history to talk about, which I currently explore in the context of the Zimbabwe hyperinflation of 2005-2009 with my note set here in the registry.

You could easily talk about the abandonment of the gold standards in the wake of WWI/WWII and the closing of the gold window in the 1970s - severing the last ties that any currency had to gold / hard assets at that point.

You could write a paper about the introduction of paper currencies and / or the first "greenbacks" introduced in the Civil War.

You could write about the introduction of rebel / non-governmental "money" like what NORFED was doing right up until the feds siezed all their bullion and brought them up on charges.

You could write about the introduction of the hard times tokens and the Civil War tokens / store cards in response to currency shortages and the US government's subsequent banning of such tokens with the Coinage act of 1865 (I think that was the law anyway...)

... or 

16 hours ago, Revenant said:

"Money" is awfully broad. Are you talking about "Money" as in currencies, like Dollar vs Euro vs Yen? Are you talking about "Money" as in the concept of mediums of exchange and things like  Gold vs Sea Shells vs Fiat? Do you mean "Money" as in the actual currency, like the bills?

Obviously, multiple books / volumes have been written about a lot of this stuff and there are TONS of topics out there that could easily  support a research topic.

Hyperinflation is one of my favorite bits of monetary history to talk about, which I currently explore in the context of the Zimbabwe hyperinflation of 2005-2009 with my note set here in the registry.

You could easily talk about the abandonment of the gold standards in the wake of WWI/WWII and the closing of the gold window in the 1970s - severing the last ties that any currency had to gold / hard assets at that point.

You could write a paper about the introduction of paper currencies and / or the first "greenbacks" introduced in the Civil War.

You could write about the introduction of rebel / non-governmental "money" like what NORFED was doing right up until the feds siezed all their bullion and brought them up on charges.

You could write about the introduction of the hard times tokens and the Civil War tokens / store cards in response to currency shortages and the US government's subsequent banning of such tokens with the Coinage act of 1865 (I think that was the law anyway...)

... or 

I am interested in the general topic of money.
thank you
You have so many ideas

You can write a research paper on the evolution of money in all time periods. Or describe the history of the emergence and disappearance of a rare type of money. Or compare values that were money in ancient times. But if you do not get anything, I recommend using the service https://papersowl.com/write-my-research-paper. When I turned to them for help, they wrote my research paper very well and I was very pleased. I think they will help you.

The feasibility of the elimination of physical currency now and in the future. Physical money, who needs it (why does it still exist)? The death/elimination of lower denominations throughout the world (pennies). Decimalization.

How would you slab a bitcoin? :devil: 

Would my credit card be considered an obsolete currency, can I get it encapsulated? I think it might have a Radar S#, Top PoP in the Discover registry set! :devil:

How about writing about the history of paper money in the US starting with continental and colonial currencies, confederate currency, and obsolete bank notes. Then discuss how the government started issuing paper money in 1861 and The different types of banknotes such as fractional currency, legal tender, demand notes, silver Certificates, gold certificates, national bank notes, federal reserve notes, federal reserve bank notes, etc. and the two different size notes. This information is intriguing and you may find it fascinating and become a currency collector. 

added:  a good resource https://www.money.org/events

On 6/20/2020 at 8:26 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Would my credit card be considered an obsolete currency, can I get it encapsulated? I think it might have a Radar S#, Top PoP in the Discover registry set! :devil:

NGC and PMG tend to show a reluctance to encapsulate things not issued by a government agency. I think that's one of the reasons they have expressed a reluctance to encapsulate some bank-issued Zimbabwe checks that have been given / assigned pick numbers in the catalogue even though they didn't come from the RBZ. There are exceptions though like the Civil War tokens - which NGC will encapsulate.

An aside, even though I know you were 100% joking.