• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PMG Achieves Another Major Milestone: 5 Million Notes Certified

6 posts in this topic

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Revenant said:

Doesn't seem like that long ago that the 4 Million note milestone was reached. I wonder what that growth curve is looking like.

That is a great questions but I was not able to find the "4 Million notes graded" article for reference. PMG has experienced steady growth and we hope it will continue to do so. The international market for banknotes very strong!

3 hours ago, Matt G said:

That is a great questions but I was not able to find the "4 Million notes graded" article for reference. PMG has experienced steady growth and we hope it will continue to do so. The international market for banknotes very strong!

Because I have too much time on my hands I guess, I went looking and couldn't find anything on the 4 million milestone even though I could have sworn that I saw it last year. I may look more later.

I did find the article about the 2.5 million milestone being hit in mid-January of 2018.

https://www.pmgnotes.com/news/article/6372/pmg-grades-2-and-a-half-million-notes/

With the company founded in 2005, that suggests that it took about 13 years to do the first 2.5 Million and about 2.25 years to do the next / 2nd 2.5 million. That's quite a bit faster - about 1/6th the time.

I have a few more notes for my Zimbabwe Hyperinflation set coming in next week that I'm quite excited about. :) I've started to see some Zimbabwean notes pop up on the market with your special 15 year label. That was a bit of a surprise to me - I'd been thinking that people weren't really submitting these much anymore because the value on them has come down so much it's nearly impossible to recover the grading fees in a sale, but at someone out there is still submitting at least a few! If I'm being honest I thought about picking up one or two of those 15 year label notes just for the novelty of it.

Keep on keeping on!

24 minutes ago, Fenntucky Mike said:

Quick search seams to place the 4 millionth note graded between 4/19/19 and 5/1/19 according to wording in articles and dates.

Ah. So almost exactly 1 year ago. Nice!

That suggests about 1.5 million from Early Jan 2018 to Mid-April 2019 and then 1 Million from mid-April 2019 to mid-April 2020, which suggests submissions have been about stable. in that period and are holding up okay..