• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling of collection
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Hi I have been a collector for over 35 years and unfortunately it is time to release these back out to the marketplace. I have both Small size and Large size notes with about 85% of them certified. I know from past topics from this forum that I will be researching past prices for these items in preparation for selling but my main question is---would it be best to go to an auction house like HA or SB or just try to find a dealer who might be willing to buy everything? Any suggestions would be helpful---Thanks

To get top dollar your best bet is to probably sell through an auction house depending on what the collection consists of. Auction houses will charge a fee per item to sell them but the fee is probably less than the discount you would have to take to sell them to a dealer. Of course some people don't want to go through the long process of selling a collection via auction and even though they sell the collection at a discount to a dealer the seller still comes out way ahead sometimes due to the prices they paid when purchasing the notes and the length of time they held them.