• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PMG graded note, it should have a NET?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I have just bought a PMG graded note (Fr# 236 Mule), an About Uncirculated 55 designation, I have checked the note and the Series 1899 imprint in the lower left side is almost scratched from the surface. Shouldn’t have received the note a NET designation?

IMG_4770.jpeg

IMG_4771.jpeg

IMG_4773.jpeg

Edited by Ramon Rosell

Hello, Kailee, 

Thanks for the answer, yes, I checked the PMG report and the grade was correct, my question was that due to the state of the note, if the graduation from PMG was incorrect? The fact that the Series 1899 imprint in the lower left side is practically erased from the surface of the banknote is not worthy of a NET designation?

Kind regards,

• Administrator

Hello @Ramon Rosell

I would be happy to clarify. The NET designation indicates a note that has problems that are more severe than can be reflected by the note’s assigned numeric grade. If a note receives the NET designation, the severe problem or problems will be listed. The NET designation will generally apply when the damage could worsen over time, causing the grade to decrease even while in a holder.  For instance, certain substances or severe rust on a note could have that effect.  A portion of the print being faded should not continue to degrade over time and so the designation did not apply.  

If you feel that this note is over-graded, we can arrange for an Appearance Review, but based on the faded series alone, the NET grade would generally not be appropriate.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.