• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this only obstructed printing error or more?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Went through some of my circulated bills and found this $10 with a rubber stamp, that is printed over.  The torch prints over the rubber stamping. Sorry not able to load the full bill.  1.) Anyway, is this an "obstructed printing error" alone or is this "obstructed printing error with retaining obstruction"?  The obstruction being the stamping of the rubber stamp, not the actual rubber stamp device?  

2.) How do I find or get the Friedberg or Pick number?  

3.) The bill has no tares, but has several creases, would this bill be one of $300 or less, or a greater value? 

10-NC22337796-3c.jpg

On 9/23/2023 at 5:34 PM, Mister Find IT said:

Went through some of my circulated bills and found this $10 with a rubber stamp, that is printed over.  The torch prints over the rubber stamping. Sorry not able to load the full bill.  1.) Anyway, is this an "obstructed printing error" alone or is this "obstructed printing error with retaining obstruction"?  The obstruction being the stamping of the rubber stamp, not the actual rubber stamp device?  

2.) How do I find or get the Friedberg or Pick number?  

3.) The bill has no tares, but has several creases, would this bill be one of $300 or less, or a greater value? 

10-NC22337796-3c.jpg

Looks like a Loomis stamp. Someone was a little sloppy when they stamped the strap and got most of it on the note. The black is faded on the red torch because it didn't adhere to it well or faded, I think. Doesn't seem like an error to me. 

On 9/25/2023 at 12:53 PM, Mister Find IT said:

Thanks again Fenntucky Mike,  Looking at it with a magnifying glass and a loupe, it really looks like the stamp is below the torch.  The fine white gaps have black ink in them.  If I sent this in for grading would PMG verify this? 

If you send it in PMG will look at it. It will come back as a non error, with a notation of "teller stamp", seems like a terrible waste of money to me. 

Things to think about, the teller's stamp is interrupted, in a straight vertical line where a strap would be, with the lower portion of LOOMIS missing. The teller's stamp is obviously over the underprinting and appears to be over the second printing as well, meaning the stamp would had to been applied prior to the torch being printed. How would a LOOMIS stamp be applied between printings?