• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

clean the existing PMG graded notes
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I bought a PMG graded banknote (PMG 15), it is very dirty, if I take out the banknotes, using chemical to clean it, and resubmit to PMG for grading, would PMG reject to grade and give the note counterfeit because they already have the banknote number in the database/registry? it can't have two banknotes with the same number.

On 9/8/2023 at 8:15 AM, containercoin said:

bought a PMG graded banknote (PMG 15), it is very dirty, if I take out the banknotes, using chemical to clean it, and resubmit to PMG for grading, would PMG reject to grade and give the note counterfeit because they already have the banknote number in the database/registry? it can't have two banknotes with the same number.

I don't know what the note is graded now but if you "clean" the note it will almost certainly be returned as "cleaned", and worst case they return the note in a body bag. My recommendation is to leave the note alone! It won't grade higher because it was "cleaned", it will probably be graded more harshly with additional notations on it being cleaned, it will be less desirable to collectors, and decrease the value of the note.