• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adding Notes to the Note Registry, Slots Needed.
1 1

4 posts in this topic

At the PMG Note Registry there is a Philippine Set called...  "Bangko Sentral Ng Pilipinas, 1978(ND) Issues, Complete Specimen", It says "Complete" but it only has slots for the S1 and S2 sets, but not the CS1 set (not so complete). This is strange as all three sets are shown in the Note Scores.

This really put me in a spot, I have the three sets, so I only sent two for grading, it was so hard choosing which set I wasn't going to list. (I was going to say some rubbish about it being harder than choosing one of my kids for something, but then I remembered I only had one kid).

Anyway, how can I ask PMG to include the extra set?

Edited by Pinoynotes - Chris Gibbs

So you are saying that s3 specimen's are missing from the registry, for variety C issued notes, signature 10? This would make sense since there were no varieties listed in Pick and PMG leans heavily on the SCWP to create these registry sets. The first step would be to have PMG grade the s3 notes and get P#'s assigned to them, once that happens they will most likely create slots for the notes in that registry. That is if I'm understanding the problem correctly.

I took a quick look at PMG's population report and I didn't notice any s3's listed.

If you're talking about the '78, 50 Piso commemorative and the two '81's listed in the SCWPM then I wouldn't think those would be included.

Hi Fenntucky Mike, thanks for your reply. There are 12 slots in the set for the 6 notes in the two sets labeled S1 and S2, there should be another 6 slots for the CS1 set.

I'm currently having the 12 notes of sets S1 and S2 Graded. Somebody has already had the CS1 set graded and has listed the notes in the S1 slots (as there are no CS1 slots).

Those other Commemorative notes you mention are different, the CS1 set that needs adding is the Franklin Mint Collect Set with the Maltese Cross Prefix. (You know the ones I mean)

Cheers... Chris

Edited by Pinoynotes - Chris Gibbs

On 12/2/2022 at 8:41 AM, Pinoynotes - Chris Gibbs said:

CS1 set that needs adding is the Franklin Mint Collect Set with the Maltese Cross Prefix. (You know the ones I mean)

I didn't but I see now after looking at the registry set you mentioned. I would think that you would be able to get an answer on this pretty quickly from PMG by trying to contact them via the PMG registry section of the Forum or email at registry@PMGnotes.com, they get back to much faster if you email, going through the Forum can take a week or more before they respond. 

I agree that the "Collector Series Specimen's" should have their own slots or set, I think that this would be an easy fix once you get in contact with PMG. I also wouldn't be afraid of sending these notes in for grading/authentication as there is already P#'s assigned.