• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

US Error Notes - Should I have any of these graded?

5 posts in this topic

The notes included here have errors...

• $1 Note - Serial number misprint
  • $20 Note(s) - One has a printing error, the arched "SERIES OF 1929" overlaps "OR BY LIKE DEPOSIT" and the word "CASHIER" is not blacked out. (Similar serial numbers)
  • $50 Note - I believe this is referred to as a "Offset Print Error"

Please know that the $1 note and the $50 dollar note are fairly crisp and don't appear to have been in circulation that long.

There are also a few other notes that I am including only because I am not sure if any of those are worth grading?

Thank you,

---Mark

US Notes-3.jpg

US Notes-1.jpg

US Notes-6.jpg

US Notes-7.jpg

US Notes-2.jpg

US Notes-4.jpg

Edited by mforder

Woah! The $50 is a definite yes for me. That's a beauty! :golfclap:

The others I'm on the fence with as they are not what I would consider major errors, that being said I would check out a few auction archives like Heritage or Stack's and see what similar errors, in roughly the same condition have sold for to give you an idea of value.

WHOOO HOOOO!!! Finally I have something for sure that is worth sending in!!!!

That $50 was handed back to my wife when she worked at a bank as a manager years ago. The customer complained that there was a problem with the note. We were basically living week to week on our salaries but she knew enough to save it and bring it home.