• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

As made wrinkle . Comment or not ?

6 posts in this topic

On 7/6/2022 at 6:45 PM, Ohnoimbroke said:

I have a fractional currency that says "As made wrinkle"

Is that considered a comment or what . I'm trying to stay from notes that have comments or details . Thanks 

Hello and welcome to the forum. 

That's an interesting comment, my understanding is that it is something that happened during printing and is not necessarily a problem note.

Here is a quote from Jennifer at PMG on the topic. "The term "as made" means that it was something that occurred during the printing and manufacturing process and did not happen later on.  In this case, it was a wrinkle in the note that occurred during printing of the note itself.  It might not have been severe enough for us to list as an actual error but enough to at least notate it on the label."

Love to see a pic of your note. (thumbsu

Edited by Fenntucky Mike
Spelling

On 7/6/2022 at 6:04 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Hello and welcome to the forum. 

That's an interesting comment, my understanding is that it is something that happened during printing and is not necessarily a problem note.

Here is a quote from Jennifer at PMG on the topic. "The term "as made" means that it was something that occurred during the printing and manufacturing process and did not happen later on.  In this case, it was a wrinkle in the note that occurred during printing of the note itself.  It might not have been severe enough for us to list as an actual error but enough to at least notate it on the label."

Love to see a pic of your note. (thumbsu

s-l400 (1).jpg

On 7/6/2022 at 7:32 PM, Ohnoimbroke said:

So according to her it's not a "comment" ? 

It's a comment, stating that the note has an "as made wrinkle". Some collectors who are looking for perfection may avoid a note like this, others may find it interesting and pay a little extra. It depends on your taste and what you are trying to achieve with your collection. To me I find it interesting and would not necessarily shy away from a note like this, I might even choose the note pictured over a 64 with no EPQ for example. If you don't like the look of the note then I would sell it and look for another example. 

Thanks for posting the pics. (thumbsu