• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Erie and Kalamazoo railroad note

5 posts in this topic

It's an Erie and Kalamazoo Railroad Bank (Adrian, MI) obsolete banknote issued between 1835-1841, yours is dated 1840. It's actually one of the tougher notes to find from this bank with the more popular vignette. It's in terrible condition and I'd just keep it in that top load holder and enjoy it.

Looks like PMG uses the Standard Catalog of United States Obsolete Bank Notes 1782-1866 by James Haxby to catalog these, which would make the reference number for your note MI10G(?), note sure about the last digit. Michigan Obsolete Bank & Scrip Notes of the 19th Century / National Bank Notes 1863-1935 by Dr. Wallace G. Lee is a more specialized reference that I use at home. Plenty of information on the web about these as well.

Since this is in the Ask PMG section I'll just add that I'm in no way affiliated with PMG and if you want to talk about your note more I'd be glade to do so in the US and World Notes section of the forum. (thumbsu