• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some Of My Top Currency Notes

6 posts in this topic

This Gold Certificate is only a PMG 45, but it looks so much better in hand.  Others via pics have thought it was mid-60's (in-hand, they might see it more accurately, I admit) !  Admittedly, you can't see any wrinkles/folds or other imperfections via angled light from pics, more deceptive than with coins IMO.  But it is a note that looks much higher at first glance.

1928 $10 Gold FR #2400 front.jpg

1928 $10 Gold FR #2400 back.jpg

On 2/26/2022 at 8:04 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

That Hawaii note is a stunner, the ink is fantastic. Almost too much. I would have never guessed 45 on that GC, my guess would have definitely been in the 60's based on those pics. xD

Great notes GF! (thumbsu

Thanks Mike.....as I understand it, notes that look pristine and flat can look like the Rocky Mountains when you shine a light angled horizontally at the bill as opposed to face-on (vertical) hitting it flush.

I saw the same bill with the light angled differently and I couldn't believe the difference.  Thought it was another bill or an optical illusion.  Very strange.

Yes, that Hawaii note is not only a rarity (Hawaii) but low-SN....and Superb Gem quality.    My top bill untill or unless I get a Large Denomination Bill.

Sorry I put this in the wrong section, BTW. :|