• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question on catalog #1939 $2. dollar 2009

9 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  On this particular note the "le" would stand for Limited Edition.  For this particular FR number there was a 150th Anniversary set with a specific serial number range that were part of this limited edition group.  

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

On 12/1/2021 at 6:21 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  On this particular note the "le" would stand for Limited Edition.  For this particular FR number there was a 150th Anniversary set with a specific serial number range that were part of this limited edition group.  

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

Hello Jennifer,

Another question,

would these have been sheet production from the BEP? 

Thank you

On 12/1/2021 at 7:37 AM, signal6271 said:

Hello Jennifer,

Another question,

would these have been sheet production from the BEP? 

Thank you

Jennifer,

One other question, do you know the serial number ranges and would you share these? 

On 12/1/2021 at 10:53 AM, signal6271 said:

One other question, do you know the serial number ranges and would you share these?

I might be able to help now that I know what they are.

Looks like the $2 all started with 2021 and were limited to a release of 10,000. Since the serial number is 8 digits that would limit the range to 20129999 - 20120000 (BA block). The $5 was similar in that the serial number started with 1862, that along with the release limit would close the range to 18629999 - 18620000 (J)GA block). I would assume they were printed on full sheets and then cut, but I can't say for sure. Those are my best guesses anyway. (shrug)

You can still buy the original sets online for under $40.

Edited by Fenntucky Mike
More Info

On 12/1/2021 at 2:47 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

I might be able to help now that I know what they are.

Looks like the $2 all started with 2021 and were limited to a release of 10,000. Since the serial number is 8 digits that would limit the range to 20129999 - 20120000 (BA block). The $5 was similar in that the serial number started with 1862, that along with the release limit would close the range to 18629999 - 18620000 (J)GA block). I would assume they were printed on full sheets and then cut, but I can't say for sure. Those are my best guesses anyway. (shrug)

You can still buy the original sets online for under $40.

Hmm. Good to know. Yes, I did read some info at BEP, but there was not an in-depth explanation of the "le" notes. But your explanation seems to fit with the anniversary dates mentioned.

Appreciate the info.

Take care  hm 

Thank you

Edited by signal6271