• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would PMG Grade / Authenticate Gas Ration Coupons?

6 posts in this topic

I'm looking into getting some gas ration coupons from the Zimbabwean hyperinflation period.

I'd like to get a few of them graded / put in holders soon to add them to my Zimbabwe signature set, but I don't know for sure if this is something PMG would be willing to authenticate and encapsulate.

I'm hopeful because they are RBZ issues and the have the RBZ seal and they have serial numbers, but I'm not really wanting to pay to mail them in and looked at just to have them sent back. If that's going to be the case I'd rather just have a spare cert# from another note be used to fill a gap and talk about them in the signature set.

image.png.7d8d220c0e4e33cd64ff6eb407cff961.png

• Administrator

Good morning,

I checked with our research department and while we haven't graded this specific type of coupon before, we have done similar items so they do believe we can grade this as well.  Of course, our graders will have to see it in person before we can say 100% but they do believe we can grade it.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

I checked with our research department and while we haven't graded this specific type of coupon before, we have done similar items so they do believe we can grade this as well.  Of course, our graders will have to see it in person before we can say 100% but they do believe we can grade it.

Thanks!

Okay. Thanks! I'll probably send some in in a month or so!

On 5/18/2021 at 7:56 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Of course, our graders will have to see it in person before we can say 100% but they do believe we can grade it.

When you don't list a catalogue number the system charges a $5 attribution fee per note. Is there anything I can do or enter so the system doesn't charge this fee? or do I just need to accept the change for attribution? Because I'm pretty sure these things don't have catalogue numbers - they aren't really currency, even though they were used as a kind of pseudo currency in 2008.

image.png.3c8dfadf616da9a53e02af769416951f.png

• Administrator

Hello, you are not charged a fee for notes that don't have a catalog number, such as these.  You are only charged the $5 fee when they are in our main reference books but not provided on the form.  In this case, when you are completing the online form, you can just type N/A in that field.  

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Jennifer F. said:

Hello, you are not charged a fee for notes that don't have a catalog number, such as these.  You are only charged the $5 fee when they are in our main reference books but not provided on the form.  In this case, when you are completing the online form, you can just type N/A in that field.  

Thanks!

Outstanding! Thank you again for a very quick response!