• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IMITATION PMG GRADING

5 posts in this topic

Hi, recently I've bought a US1 dollar 1969 grading by PMG (1004114-095). Been check at verify PMG certification have this item but without picture. The packaging of this item very thin and quite a lot different of my some PMG collection. I feel that been cheated by the seller.

4 hours ago, Weezard said:

Hi, recently I've bought a US1 dollar 1969 grading by PMG (1004114-095). Been check at verify PMG certification have this item but without picture. The packaging of this item very thin and quite a lot different of my some PMG collection. I feel that been cheated by the seller.

PMG didn't/doesn't take pictures of every note, I think particularly in the past and with bulk orders, I believe that's changed now. At any rate can you post a picture of the note/holder in question, front and back? The only way to verify is get some opinions based on pictures or send the note in to PMG and have it regraded. I wouldn't go through the trouble of sending it back to PMG for authentication, if you feel the note and or holder are not authentic then you should return the note to the seller and get a refund.

3 hours ago, Weezard said:

IMG_20210517_230237_edit_51383800789554.thumb.jpg.3d2f3e6920b10d7f71579a85fb792def.jpgPMG certification show this note have EPQ but it doesn't show beside 65 mark. IMG_20210517_230251_edit_51348101554664.thumb.jpg.55c35cea5d24cb905953b900d679f1ba.jpg

PMG did not always put EPQ on the holders, I think for anything over 65 it was implied.

I can see how it would be a little worry some, the no picture/no EPQ, but I believe the note and holder to be authentic. If you're still concerned, I'd return it. You can post this question in the Ask PMG section of the forum as well and you may get more in depth answers.

7 hours ago, Fenntucky Mike said:

PMG did not always put EPQ on the holders, I think for anything over 65 it was implied.

I can see how it would be a little worry some, the no picture/no EPQ, but I believe the note and holder to be authentic. If you're still concerned, I'd return it. You can post this question in the Ask PMG section of the forum as well and you may get more in depth answers.

Ok, thanks a lot Mike!👍