• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nigeria 20 Naira 2014

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I came across a note of Nigeria 20 Naira 2014 for which I couldn't find a Pick Number in Standard Catalog. Standard Catalog shows Pick Number for Nigeria 20 Naira 2014 as 34j; however, the Signature in the 2014 issue as per Standard Catalog doesn't match with the Signature combination that I came across.

I have attached the image of my note for reference. So, if someone could throw further light on this issue, I'd be grateful.

Thanks & Regards,

Shabbir Khambaty

20 Naira 2014 UNC (Obverse).jpg

20 Naira 2014 UNC (Reverse).jpg

Dear all,

With respect to my above query, I have also attached 2 images that I got from my Internet searches. Both these images are of Nigeria 20 Naira 2014 P-34j.

One image is of BG Prefix; another one is of CE Prefix. Both these notes have the Signature as per P-34j (Governor Godwin)....... However, the image of the note attached by me in my earlier post with Prefix BP has the Signature of Governor Sanusi Lamido Sanusi.

Hope this helps you'll to help me solve my query regarding the Pick Number of my note in question.

Regards,

Shabbir Khambaty

20 Naira 2014 BG Prefix.jpg

20 Naira 2014 CE Prefix.jpg

The Standard Catalog probably just didn't have the information at the time, hopefully they update it in the next issue. New pick #'s are being assigned all the time so there may already be an assigned # that you/me don't know about. I wonder if one signature was on the regular issue and the other signature is on a replacement issue. Since Pick #'s are being constantly assigned there has got to be a place where you can find them online. Sorry, I'm not really answering your question but I feel your pain my friend, a common frustration among modern note collectors, hope you get this answered. 

lkjojoioij.thumb.png.9a4fba4e15f7653d59d07b18966d2b64.png