• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Found boxes of graded notes at a garage sale! What do I do with these??!

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys, about 2 years ago I found a 2-3 boxes filled with collector notes at a garage sale. Most of them are graded already. I bought them at an incredible price not knowing their value. Fast forward to now, went through my garage and decided to do some research and it looks like a lot of these notes are pretty valuable. I have notes from almost every country I can think of. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how I can sell these for a decent price without getting ripped off? Thanks!

Omar

Hi,

1) Catalog what you have

2) Research the notes and compare them to similar notes sold at auction houses/websites to establish and estimated value

3) Sell them

If you could give a list of what you think the top 3 notes are (or a complete list of all the notes) with pictures, people may be able to help you a little more. If the notes are in the $100 range then I would say sell them on eBay and list them on the marketplace here and other similar sites, if they are closer to a $1,000+ then you might want to think about cosigning to an auction. Not sure how many notes you have but if they are lower value, I would consider grouping them in lots by country and selling them off that way. 

The best way to not get ripped off is to really know what you have in the first place and the best way to avoid selling expenses is to sell privately, one on one if possible.