• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top Pop Bill Question

8 posts in this topic

Go to PMGnotes.com.  Under Resources you'll find PMG Population Report.  Select US, then small size federal reserve notes, then click on $1.  Go to page 7 or just follow the link below.

A search of Fr. 1922-I in the PMG Population report confirms 108 in 66, 87 in 67 and 10 in 68 (of course 65 and above always carry the EPQ designation).  You will also find that there are 120 Fr. 1922-I* grading 67. see https://www.pmgnotes.com/population-report/united-states/small-size-federal-reserve-notes/1/?page=7  From this page, click on "BL" beneath 1922-I and then you'll find pops for all Block Letter (BL) combos and indeed, 3 in 66 and 2 in 67.

• Administrator

@ParadoxTremors I like to use the cert verification tool when I have access to the cert number and grade as it is much quicker. The link and information below are for the note in question. When you click on the link you will be able to access the specific section of the census by clicking the area circled in blue.

https://www.pmgnotes.com/certlookup/1852983-027/66/

image.png

image.png

On 4/3/2020 at 8:15 AM, Matt G said:

@ParadoxTremors I like to use the cert verification tool when I have access to the cert number and grade as it is much quicker. The link and information below are for the note in question. When you click on the link you will be able to access the specific section of the census by clicking the area circled in blue.

https://www.pmgnotes.com/certlookup/1852983-027/66/

image.png

image.png

So... Yeah. Not even close to top pop. But I'd be surprised if a modern US bill had a top pop note in 66 EPQ. It's a solid enough grade but if there were no 67s or 68s I'd still be surprised and thinking the real issue was that there weren't many notes graded, not that they didn't exist. 67 and 68 EPQ are common enough grades for modern notes.

One thing I've run into in the past was a dealer that misread the pop report - or at least that's what they claimed when I called them out on it.

There was a note the seller was listing as the top pop and single finest - meaning it was the best graded example and the only one in that grade for that note. In truth there were about 10 of that note in that grade with a few finer, but there was only one STAR / replacement note of that type grade in that grade with none finer, so the dealer claimed to have just read the wrong line in the pop report.

No No, Matt did it wrong.  To get the population for a given block combo, you have to do what I said.  Matt has circled the population for ALL block combos for that Fr. #.  Matt may not know about block combos as a CCG rep...???  

13 hours ago, Matt G said:

@ddr70 I am familiar with the different block letters but wanted to highlight the population link as it can be overlooked. Once you click on the population link you can see the numbers by block. Thank you

OK, you wanted the user to click in the blue circled area to get to where you can find populations by block combos.  Yep that works.  And you found the answer to the question to be what?  3 in 66 and 2 in 67 for an Fr. 1922-I (II Block).  Therefore, Paradox tremors was correct.