• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$1 Series 2013 Kansas City Star Notes

5 posts in this topic

I submitted ten Series 2013 Kansas City $1 star notes (printed Sep 2016 at Fort Worth) to PMG that I pulled from a new bundle of 2013 San Francisco notes.  The Kansas City notes were all J00225xxx*  The serial numbers were all separated by a hundred.  All ten notes are cut off-center, graduating from about 15% to almost 0%.  I have notes in close proximity that are not cut off-center.  The problem is that PMG believes (with no supporting data) that these notes came from 'whole' sheets that were sold to the public.  How do I convince PMG that they are wrong.

Star Note Lookup $1 Series 2013 # J00225295 -20190724.JPG

I use the same star note lookup as everybody else:  http://www.mycurrencycollection.com/reference/star-notes/lookup/5/2013/MF03477808* .We know that 5,000 sheets were printed at Ft. Worth in September 2016.  We have no evidence that any of these star sheets were sold intact by the BEP to customers.  There's nothing on eBay.  We have PMG evidence [right hand not knowing what left hand is doing] when we compare Submission # 1857648 with # 1857686 where in the first, 10 similar notes (from one bundle) were correctly graded, and ten notes in the second submission were incorrectly graded.  Finally, if one looks at serial numbers on solid sheets, the notes are not 100 serial numbers apart.  This type of mistake is embarrassing.  We need to correct this quickly and quietly.

BEP Production - Fort Worth - Sept 2016.JPG