• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zimbabwe 2nd Dollar Bearer Checks, 10 Million dollars: P-55a vs P-55b

2 posts in this topic

PMG has certified some 10 Million dollar Zimbabwean Bearer Checks as P-55a and P-55b. I can't find anything in my available references that explains what the difference is between the two. Most other PMG notes have some kind of notation on them which indicates why a note is the sub-type it is. For instance: P-5a will say "light brown back," where P-5b will say "dark brown back." I can't find anything like that on these notes. I know the 10,000 and 100,000 notes in the same series have a difference in the digit grouping that sets P-46a and P-48a apart from P-46b and P-48b, but that doesn't seem to impact P-55.

Could someone explain what the difference is between these two types?

• Administrator

Good afternoon. Thanks for your message.  After review, it appears that the difference between 55a and 55b would be the series.  55a would be series A and 55b would be series D.  If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!