• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Canceled Zimbabwe Checks

4 posts in this topic

I'm thinking about buying a set or two of canceled Zimbabwean Traveler's Checks from 2003 to go with the set of notes I'm building. While it probably won't happen immediately, my goal would ultimately be to get these graded and put them into my signature and competitive sets. So, before I possibly commit to buying some of these, I wanted to know: 1) Will PMG grade and encapsulate canceled checks? 2) Will the fact that they've been canceled impact the grades they get. Clearly if they've suffered wear and tear that will hit the grade but I'm wondering if having the cancelation stamp itself will impact the grade. Thank you.

s-l1600.jpg

• Administrator

Good morning.  Unfortunately, we are not currently grading these cancelled checks.  If you have any other questions, you can reach our customer service department at 877-764-5570 or by email at service@pmgnotes.com.  Thank you!

In the event that one can be found that is NOT canceled, are those elligible for grading?

I ask because the PMG population report shows graded examples of picks 15 through 20, just not many. 

Thank you for the answers and the time.