• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about old note
1 1

2 posts in this topic

On 6/19/2024 at 5:26 PM, skylar2319 said:

Hi, I don't really collect currency but recently found this note in a some stuff I inherited wondering if it has any worth or would be worth getting graded. Thanks

IMG_3912-min.webp

Interesting note. Are there any cuts in it, specifically over the signatures?

If real it is probably worth around $400, if it's authentic and not cut cancelled probably more.

The note looks a little off to me, the ink is dark and it's hard to make out the fine engraving lines and fine details in the design, and it looks like some of the ornamentation and lathe work doesn't match up , the picture is not very good though either so. (shrug) My gut feeling based on the image is that it is either a reproduction or contemporary counterfeit. If you have a local club or shop near by to take the note to they might be able to give you a better evaluation if they are familiar with these, if not it might we worth it throw this in with a bulk submission. I certainly wouldn't send this note in as a single submission unless I was relatively certain it was authentic.