• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2009A $100 Star Note?
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I was gifted a “Star Note” by a friend in hopes it would be worth something more than face value to help with medical bills. But no coin places near me know anything or nobody is interested because it is modern. 
can somebody help me find out if it’s worth anything or if anyone is needing it / wanting it for a collection of their own? I’m kind of at a loss at what to do next. 

IMG_7860.jpeg

Edited by KatJ
Picture added

On 6/9/2024 at 3:28 PM, KatJ said:

I was gifted a “Star Note” by a friend in hopes it would be worth something more than face value to help with medical bills. But no coin places near me know anything or nobody is interested because it is modern. 
can somebody help me find out if it’s worth anything or if anyone is needing it / wanting it for a collection of their own? I’m kind of at a loss at what to do next. 

IMG_7860.jpeg

Star notes in and of themselves are not particularly rare usually and this one is no exception. It's from a large print run of star notes and in that condition worth only face value or maybe a few dollars above to the right buyer. Not many people collect $100 star notes, too much money tied up into something with little to no value.

The note was a generous gift from your friend, your best bet is to put it towards your bills. Good luck.