• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PLACEMENT OF SIGNATURES ON $2 BILL
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Going through some red seal 1953 two dollar bills, noticed a few have the Secretary's signature beginning right under the red seal, but most have the Secretary's signature beginning under the "T" in "TWO".

Is there any significance to the placement of the Secretary's signature?? Or is it part of an overprint on the basic Obverse print?

20240507_140504.jpg

On 5/7/2024 at 2:16 PM, Walter Haug said:

Going through some red seal 1953 two dollar bills, noticed a few have the Secretary's signature beginning right under the red seal, but most have the Secretary's signature beginning under the "T" in "TWO".

Is there any significance to the placement of the Secretary's signature?? Or is it part of an overprint on the basic Obverse print?

20240507_140504.jpg

Good question. As far as I know there is no significance to the placement of the series number and sigs, and I believe both are included with the second printing, face, and not the overprint, seals and serial numbers. I did some quick searching over at Heritage Auctions and it seems that there are several positions in which the series and sigs can be in and that no premium is placed on any of them, I wouldn't expect that there would be since print runs for these would probably be in the MM's. Also, due to the condition of the notes, which looks to be poor, I wouldn't expect much if any premium above face regardless of the series and sig placement rarity.

It's an interesting question and one that might be worth digging into further as I don't collect these. 

choosing a reliable essay ghostwriting service http://www.emwchinese.com/store/info?id=1 is also crucial. When making a selection, you can refer to past customer reviews and feedback to understand the reputation and credibility of the writing agency. Additionally, you can communicate and interact with writing experts to ensure they understand your requirements and provide timely support and assistance.