• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2013 B duplicate star note?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Yes they explain 2013B duplicate serial numbers and range also how to identify. So B0567280B should be a star note and should have been destroyed or whatever they do with them. Any B seal new york $1 within serial number B03200000-B09600000 should be a star note. Correct?

On 2/23/2024 at 9:43 AM, MJDem said:

Yes they explain 2013B duplicate serial numbers and range also how to identify. So B0567280B should be a star note and should have been destroyed or whatever they do with them. Any B seal new york $1 within serial number B03200000-B09600000 should be a star note. Correct?

When the BEP prints notes, regular and replacement, they number them consecutively and don't tend to skip over large ranges of numbers. I took a look at the BEP production figures for these and it looks like they printed a full range in this block letter 00000001 - 96000000. Replacement (star) notes are either inserted at the time of printing or at the end of a run in packs, the seral numbers on replacement notes do not correlate with the notes they are replacing, meaning they don't use star note 00000100 to replace damaged note 00000100, it's random. Based on that I'd say that it is possible that there are regular series 2013 BB block $1 note out in the wild having serial numbers in those ranges as the duplicated notes. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure this is the case.