• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L00000066* note
1 1

8 posts in this topic

On 1/2/2024 at 7:32 PM, David lonchar said:

I have this star note ,the third lowest run for stars. It’s 00000066 which is also binary. Anyone have any idea what it’s worth? I appreciate any feedback,thanks 

IMG_0588.jpeg

Neat find. 

It's in circulated condition and if I go online I can find series 2013, L block, star notes fairly easily and in the similar condition people are asking around $5. The serial number does add some value to the note on top of that, it's not a true binary note which would have a serial number consisting of only 0's and 1's but is binary in the sense that it has only two types of numerals in the serial number, the real value is that the serial number is pretty low and 66 seams to be a more popular number. Hard to say what it might go for in an auction, maybe between $50 - $100. Put it in an auction on ebay and start the bidding at 1¢, see where it ends.

On 1/2/2024 at 7:39 PM, David lonchar said:

It’s a gas pump too,the 6s are higher than the 0s

It's not a gas pump, not close really. For a "gas pump" note to have any value there needs to be more of a difference in the digits, typically collectors want to see part of the digit missing before they'll pay a premium.

⁸Thanks for your input,I appreciate it! I wanted to add that it's the third lowest run of star notes at 80k too. There are only 25k and 32k that are lower. The shifting of the 66s isn't enough to make note of ? The condition isn't the best,at least it has good corners and no tears. I have a chart that shows 2 digits to be worth 80 to 1000,and that doesn't include the fact that it's a star. Thanks again!

On 1/3/2024 at 7:26 AM, David lonchar said:

⁸Thanks for your input,I appreciate it! I wanted to add that it's the third lowest run of star notes at 80k too. There are only 25k and 32k that are lower.

That is a small run but I was easily able to find notes from that run in similar condition, in the price range mentioned. Condition is big factor.

The shifting of the 66s isn't enough to make note of ?

No, not even close. Well within BEP tolerance. 

I have a chart that shows 2 digits to be worth 80 to 1000,and that doesn't include the fact that it's a star.

Depending on the type of note, number, condition, etc., it's possible for a two digit serial number note to hit 1k but the note in the OP isn't one of those notes. I'd still estimate $50-$100, possibly a little more, but who knows what could happen at auction.