• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Catalog #
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Welcome to the Forum,

For U.S. notes PMG would want the Friedberg # (Fr.) found in the reference Paper Money of the United States, for world notes the Pick # found in the Standard Catalog of World Paper Money. If you don't have either reference you can usually find the #'s on the labels of notes graded by a TPG. The # you write down doesn't necessarily have to be correct, as they usually accept something "in the neighborhood" but it shouldn't be to hard to find the correct #'s. If you post picks, front and back, of the notes I could take a look when I have time.

Good luck.

The big head $100 is Fr 2178-A, the series 2013 * is Fr 2188-B*, neither are worth submitting IMO. The fractional is Fr 1265 and is probably not worth the cost of sending in either. It depends on why you want to submit them, if it's just "because" or for whatever reason, and you don't care about recouping the cost then cool, if to increase their value above and beyond the grading fees then probably not so much. 

Paper Money of the United States covers most if not all U.S. notes issued by the government, if you were going to purchase a reference for U.S. currency I'd start with that. 

Thanks for the guidance. Yea, I wasn't sure on whether I was going to submit or not. I'll be in the "just because" category for now. I have others I was thinking on doing but for now I am learning. I did find a site to help me understand those category numbers.

Shalom!