• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Solid Serial 1950 $10 Note. Where to sell?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

On 8/10/2023 at 11:52 AM, Michael Burch said:

Where would be the best place to market this bill?  Uncirculated.  Estimated value?

Many sell on Ebay, but is there somewhere better for higher end stuff?

Thanks!

billback.jpg

billfront.jpg

Fantastic note!

You can try selling on ebay, I see some high $$$ notes being sold on there but I would want to have a real good idea of what kind of $ this note would typically sell for and I'd probably but a Buy It Now price on it that would take the fees into consideration, I don't think I'd auction it on ebay unless I put a reserve on it. Heritage Auctions and Stack's Bowers would probably be you best options if consigning to an auction house, and your best bet for top $.

I contacted Heritage.  They estimated the value of the note at $2k+ but said for them to do a consignment, they needed a total estimated value of $5k.  She asked if I had other notes to bring the total to $5k.  I have other notes, but nothing all THAT special.  

Looks like the only option is Ebay?

Thanks

On 8/22/2023 at 5:53 PM, Michael Burch said:

I contacted Heritage.  They estimated the value of the note at $2k+ but said for them to do a consignment, they needed a total estimated value of $5k.  She asked if I had other notes to bring the total to $5k.  I have other notes, but nothing all THAT special.  

Looks like the only option is Ebay?

Thanks

At least they gave you an estimate, but I'd still try to find some comps before listing on ebay. Good luck! (thumbsu

On 9/8/2023 at 9:56 AM, Michael Burch said:

In case anyone is interested in a follow-up...

Listed it on Ebay for $2500, got an offer the first night for $2,400...  and mailed it out this morning.  

Was a lot of interest.  Had a string of views, watchers and offers.  

Nice! :golfclap: