• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$1 1899 Vernon/McClung
1 1

2 posts in this topic

On 5/15/2023 at 1:37 PM, XarrrdaS said:

Hello!

How much is this banknote worth and how do you assess the appearance on the PMG scale?

Thanks a lot!

Nice note!

If I was going to guess I would say no better than 40. The Paper Money of the United States price guide lists this note at $350 in that condition, the prices are dated though, the best way to determine value would be to look at past auctions to see how much notes in similar condition sold for. The more recent the better. The note actually looks really good in the pics, good ink, decent centering, and pretty clean, but the folds and creases hold it down in the EF range. It would not surprise me if it sold for one or two hundred above the $350, especially if graded. If I get a few minutes I'll take a look at some past auctions.

Paper cannot be judged 100% accurately with pictures, your best bet would be to take the note to a local coin shop for in-person evaluation or send it into PMG.